Author Topic: Axe making problem - NO Adivsors OR GM's available on line to ask  (Read 793 times)

shrapnel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Okay, SINCE NO ADVISORS AVAILABLE, AND NO GMs EITHER, I am FORCED to try here...

Okay, I have a character who is level 0 Axe Making, trained up as much as it's possible with only practice left to raise the level to 1.
I Have the Axe making book: "Notes of an Axemaker"
Kills two "reasons" right there (no training and no book)

Now, I heat my steel stock, to make a small battle axe head.... Uh.... wait a second... I can't....

I am "not sure what to do with this" AND "This is a bit beyond your skill level at the moment."

HOW is my character SUPPOSED to learn if he's denied practice when the book clearly lists the ability, I have a master-craft hammer, AND a heated steel stock?!?!?!?!?!

IF this is going to make a difference this is on the ZeroPing server, 4:30AM CST (10:30AM GMT)

EDIT: My Metalurgy is 42... Metalurgy skill *should* not be a problem.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:55:46 am by shrapnel »

hulla

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Axe making problem - NO Adivsors OR GM's available on line to ask
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:55:30 am »
hello
i havent coming back in game for long but i remenber some little thing
1 if you want speak to somebody and found help go on the irc planeshift chanel
on "freenod"
2 you simply cant do axe making if you havent some level in "metalurgie" metalwork ask player in game for learning how easily you can train "metalurgi"

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 06:29:10 am »
It is indeed not a very fortunate daytime. European players/GMs will probably be at work, americans asleep. There will probably be more people available in a few hours, especially smithing characters you can ask in-character (roleplayed).

In addition, there was an issue with a Master Crafted Hammer not being more useful than a basic Hammer. I don't know if that was fixed already. Smithing people will know that certainly.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:31:28 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

shrapnel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 07:05:48 am »
hello
i havent coming back in game for long but i remenber some little thing
1 if you want speak to somebody and found help go on the irc planeshift chanel
on "freenod"
2 you simply cant do axe making if you havent some level in "metalurgie" metalwork ask player in game for learning how easily you can train "metalurgi"

1.  Won't matter if the channel is as empty as the server of Devs, GMs, and Advisors. Availability will also depend on the time of day and night of those involved.
2. That might be so IF my metallurgy was was at 0 and untrained as well, but it's level 42, or are you telling me a requested axe (small battle axe) from an early low player level quest, requested to move to the next of Trasok's crafting quests requires a level of metallurgy that can create platinum-steel (I can't touch platinum ore at this level, but I sure can gold ore.)

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 07:48:13 am »
No clue if you knew this already...but you can right-click a crafting book to get a list of things you CAN do. If you get an error while trying one of those available "recipes" you found a bug. No clue at all what people with level 0 can craft...maybe you just need to work on something simpler first to get enough skill to make the axe you want.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Baruden Etawack

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/332879/logo.jpg
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 12:21:32 pm »
The master crafted hammer and pick can not be use below 20 leasons
[never use the master crafted hammer stick to the basic hammer works a lot better]

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 01:10:44 pm »
Yes, master crafted hammer has strange results atm and is probably bugged. Except for few cases where it's explicitly required, you better use the regular hammer instead.