Author Topic: Requested Forum Features.  (Read 952 times)

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Requested Forum Features.
« on: June 07, 2010, 05:58:29 am »
Quote from: My note list.
I request that we have spoiler tags, not for actual spoilers, but to prevent large pictures or essays from being loaded on the screen until the person wants to. Perhaps we aught to call them something other than spoiler tags here.
 When using the search function within a single thread, that search should only retrive posts within that thread. Very useful for long threads.
 Would it be possible to create a separate "glow" and "highlight" function like so many other forums lately? Where the highlight is like how glow is currently, while glow is just a little color shading around the letters. Check B12 forums for example (or I can post a screen).
 Option to set "no smilies" to default for all your posts.
 Option to remove the evidence of post count; both the counters, the picture, and the title. People should be judged by the content of their post, not how many they have made. It would be even better if this option was set to default. Leaving "location" is fine.
Just a few things I thought would improve the forum. The first and last are those that I want most of all.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Requested Forum Features.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:15:13 am »
Several of your mentioned features depend on the used forum software.

But it is not possible to switch the forum software each time a demanding user requests features the currently used software does not support. ;)

Neither would it be easily possible to hack the forum software manually, as those hacks may break at any update to the forum software base.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 08:55:12 am »
Ligh droppin knowledge on your ass,
Layered inside that information is some attitude, some sass,
He'll post in your request and tell you straight up
yup.

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 08:57:11 am »
 Nope. I just checked and you guys are using the same brand of forum software; Simple Machines. However, their's is version 2 and this forum's is version 1.1. I don't really know how hard it is to update that.

Oh, and Blooded, are you actually drunk when you go to the forums? People have said that, but I can't tell whether or not they are just insulting you.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 09:03:31 am »
Oh, and Blooded, are you actually drunk when you go to the forums?

hell yeah

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 10:46:30 am »
Oh, and Blooded, are you actually drunk when you go to the forums?

hell yeah

Figures.
Quote from: My note list.
I request that we have spoiler tags, not for actual spoilers, but to prevent large pictures or essays from being loaded on the screen until the person wants to. Perhaps we aught to call them something other than spoiler tags here.
 When using the search function within a single thread, that search should only retrive posts within that thread. Very useful for long threads.
 Would it be possible to create a separate "glow" and "highlight" function like so many other forums lately? Where the highlight is like how glow is currently, while glow is just a little color shading around the letters. Check B12 forums for example (or I can post a screen).
 Option to set "no smilies" to default for all your posts.
 Option to remove the evidence of post count; both the counters, the picture, and the title. People should be judged by the content of their post, not how many they have made. It would be even better if this option was set to default. Leaving "location" is fine.
Just a few things I thought would improve the forum. The first and last are those that I want most of all.

Is it REALLY that important that somebody needs to take time out of their life so you don't have to worry about the minor things that you see on a forum? Why would taking peoples names away be relevant?

-sig by sarras

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 10:48:09 am »
 I don't know, someone took time out of their life to do it on every other forum I've been to. Also, I said nothing about names; you've managed to confuse yourself.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 10:54:22 am »
I don't know, someone took time out of their life to do it on every other forum I've been to. Also, I said nothing about names; you've managed to confuse yourself.

Well PS is a small team, and I'm guessing they work hard on other things.

Yeah, I did confuse myself on that, but why would somebody take their time to take away something that they created? (post count titles and pictures)

-sig by sarras

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 10:59:46 am »
 Well, it would be an option like most things. A person can choose not to use half the functions in the game if they wanted. No one else has found those "post count status" things terribly annoying? I guess it isn't as trivial to hide part of the forum information, but I don't expect it to be much harder than hiding signatures (excepting the possibility that the signature-hiding option was part of the Simple Machines software).

Edit: Why is a team required when one man can update a forum in a week?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:37:44 pm by Nivm »