Author Topic: Dev Q&A November 24th 2021  (Read 471 times)

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Dev Q&A November 24th 2021
« on: December 05, 2021, 04:48:46 pm »
Talad(Leader/Founder)
Eonwind(Rules)
Tuathanach(Rules)
Zunna (Rules/Settings)
Mordaan (Settings)
Venalan (Settings Lead)
Uadjet(GM Lead)
Emaline (GM Team)
Zweitholou (Art)

Uadjet says: Hello and welcome to the Developer's Q&A! This is an out-of-character meeting where you can hear about the development of the game and ask the Dev and GM teams any questions you might have. If you do have any questions, please line up at the lecterns in front of the stage.
Migg says: don't remember what event these came from
>Migg Ellorean raises a drink to Uadjet before gulping it down. Cheers!
Fliks says: sadly i cannot join you down there migg as there is no ladder out of my fortress
Fliks says: good view of the place tough
Migg says: that's like an upside-down parachute
Damola says: Ah, some apple cider. Very nice, Uadjet.
Migg says: pretty sure they don't work upside down :D
Fliks says: they might because if they are upside down it turn inside out
Fliks says: then it be round the right way
Uadjet says: Okay, so the first update I've got is that Talad's got the mounts working. They should go where you aim them and at the right speed.
Fliks claps at Uadjet
Damola says: Yeah I noticed 0.7.15 update.
Migg says: \o/
Damola says: I already updated, but had no chance to play yet.
Migg says: wait, what do you mean where you aim them?
Migg says: you have to shoot them like arrows?
Uadjet says: Ahh, I should have mentioned the 7.15 update first.
Fliks says: i asume like you do with your character at the moment
Damola says: Its not yet announced on the website.
Uadjet says: But mounts could, at times, just not go where you wanted. He's got that fixed.
Migg says: so PSU is almost done!
Uadjet says: It's getting closer, that's for sure.
Uadjet says: If you go to the wiki and the roadmap page, there are a lot of things flagged as "DONE".
Uadjet says: It's really nice to see.
Damola says: Yeah. And it is such an amount of work Talad and others have done.
Uadjet says: He's also done work on Talents again.
Uadjet says: Those are the special abilities that are unlocked upon reaching certain skill level milestones.
Fliks says: oooh
Uadjet says: Those aren't finalized, and some skills need new Talents. Talad said that ideas are welcome, so if you have thoughts on what Talents would work for certain skills, feel free to suggest them!
Damola says: I think I first need to see an example for them. I do not have the time to watch all of his streams.
Uadjet says: If you look at stream 593 at about 2 hours 52 minutes in you can see him scroll through a list of sorts.
Damola says: Thank you.
Uadjet says: I know he's looking more for active talents than passive ones, but any thought is welcome.
Damola says: Ah, it is not just for combat or so, but also for harvesting, like "Tuber Farmer"
Damola says: And they are automatically activated at certain skill levels?
Uadjet says: I think the gathering skills getting more items at certain skill thresholds is a fairly decent passive bonus, but there could be active ones as well.
Damola says: Is it also planed for magic? Might not apply to well there, I don't know
Damola says: Ah, there is also something about the ways
Uadjet says: Does anyone else pause videos to read a list, then try to scroll down while the vid is paused to read the rest of the list?
Uadjet says: Maybe it's just me...
Damola says: haha
Migg says: muscle memory
Uadjet says: I can't recall.. Did I mention the new creature animations last meeting?
Uadjet says: Ah, I must have. That was over two weeks ago.
Damola says: I think you mentioned something. I hope that animations for female chars get adapted. Damola in PSUnreal when walking has a bit "Hey, what do you want, you little something?" kind of walk
Damola says: It is funny in a sense.
Uadjet says: But for those who missed it, the new system allows for easier addition of new animations for things like gobbles and whatnot.
Damola says: Nice talent to guess prices of items
Uadjet says: I've forgotten which stream it was, but Talad had a lot of fun racing around as a Klyros at something like 8x normal speed. :D
Fliks says: oh i want to rey that
Fliks says: try*
Migg says: that's something reserved for GMs?
Fliks says: zooming around hydlaa
Damola says: haha, major appraising… to guess house prizes so you know when the GMs are ripping you off!
Migg says: :D
Damola chuckles
Fliks says: speed potion
Migg says: double addlepated kormi grab?
Migg says: if anyone has read the noob comic
Damola says: It is nice to see how Talad already adds things to PSUnreal that are not in Crystal Space PS.
Uadjet says: I think that's reserved for Devs!
Damola says: So the update will not just update the graphics, it will also have new maps and then even new features already. It is much more than a 1:1 port.
Uadjet says: It was part of his attempt to get the game to let players move at mount speed instead of normal player speed while mounted.
Uadjet says: Oh, the full port? Yeah, the map is far bigger than it is in Legacy.
Uadjet says: So many places to put things...
Uadjet says: I knew where some things are supposed to eventually go (once they're build), but a few places are perfectly set up to be important and I'm not sure what goes there.
Damola says: When running through PSUnreal world I still come the occasional items that is not yet at the right location like signs that show the way, or plants and such
Uadjet says: There will also be new features like Talents.
Uadjet says: Ah, yes. Some of the items placed outside cities are like that. Quite a few are floating, or are in strange places.
Uadjet says: The terrain has changed in the process of making everything one map.
Damola says: Shall we report those? Not easy to do, I think the position command is not yet working
Uadjet says: Report them if you find them, yeah. I think... Is it /loc that's working?
Migg says: also, I have trouble creating an account in flyspray
Damola says: In CS PS it is /pos
Damola says: Is it /loc in PSUnreal?
Uadjet says: I may be cheating and using the /info command in PSU. Reporting the name might work, as those signs are often uniquely named.
Migg says: is there a new set of commands in PSU?
Uadjet says: The commands for players should be the same.
Uadjet says: Hopefully the commands for GMs won't be too different. :)
Thosor says: how to change mouse button assignments and the like?
Fliks says: i have to go now
Uadjet says: Those will be in the in-game options, like they are in Legacy.
Thosor says: so still in build.
Thosor says: My char was taken away to heaven.
Thosor says: Tald needed him more than us mortals.
Thosor says: *Talad
Uadjet says: I think that's all I had planned to mention. Let's see... Events will be posted in the next few days. I'm missing one event and several I have plans for need better names.
Leeza says: That impresses me Thosor
Thosor says: hehe
Uadjet says: There's a book fair event coming up in January, so if you have books you'd like to sell that would be a good time.
Thosor says: The mounts ride better now, but..
Uadjet says: Not perfect yet? I haven't tried 7.15 just yet.
Damola says: Nice for the events.
Damola says: I did not yet try 7.15. I may log in after our dev q&a.
Thosor says: I was getting on or off, and I ended up looking like I was running sideways after dismounting, till relog.
Uadjet says: Yeah, mounts are surprisingly tricky.
Thosor says: Looked OK to Lurielle, like she doesn't see when I've lost my head.
Damola says: Ah, yes, I had Damola sitting in quite unexpected ways on her mount as well
Thosor says: I was sidesaddle...
Lurielle says: And we can´t talk while mounting
Thosor says: being mounted
Uadjet says: The "losing your head" thing is an issue with camera mode
Thosor says: helps to wear a helmet
Uadjet says: In (I tink) first person mode your head shouldn't be visable at all, so it vanishes. The issue is that we can still zoom out in first person mode, so we can see the missing head.
Thosor says: except my magical one, kills the server.
Uadjet says: Oh! And watch next Saturday on the calendar. Going to be doing a PSU event before the regular event that day.
Thosor says: It is third person follow my head goes away.
Thosor says: Or is how it looks to me.
Damola says: Oh, nice.
Uadjet says: Is it? It's first person where the head can be an issue. Hmm.
Damola says: Then we can give 0.7.15 a good test.
Uadjet nods.
Thosor says: Oh, so it is 1st person, but runs like I am used to in 3rd on legacy.
Uadjet says: Give it a good poke untl the code falls out.
Gonger says: Hmm... Not sure I can make it to the Unreal event in time...
Damola says: Need to check when it starts
Damola says: Does it start one hour earlier or even earlier, Uadjet?
Uadjet says: Earlier than that. I'm thinking three hours earlier, or 2.5
Damola says: Whoa, so you like to make something bigger this time?
Gonger says: Then I will definitely be late
Uadjet says: Well, I'm mainly looking for more of a time cushion, as hitting bugs mid-event chews up time.
Gonger says: Well, you cannot have it all :)
Uadjet says: So, any last questions?
Uadjet says: If not, I think we can wrap things up.
Thosor says: thanks
Gonger says: Thanks to the whole team for all the effort. It is much appreciated.
Damola says: Yeah.
Damola says: Thanks!
Uadjet says: Thank you all for coming, and we'll see you at the next meeting in two weeks!

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Q&A November 24th 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 02:18:17 pm »
Thank you for posting these, Uadjet.
Love,
Damola