Author Topic: READ BEFORE POSTING OR YOUR POST *WILL* BE DELETED  (Read 4616 times)

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
READ BEFORE POSTING OR YOUR POST *WILL* BE DELETED
« on: February 13, 2008, 06:01:24 pm »
Greetings everyone,

I've been here a long time, and in that time, I've learned a lot about how these forums work. The most important thing I've learned is that the best way to get help here is to help yourself. There are a lot of stickies created for you benefit, and though you may groan at the prospect of reading through them all, they often will solve your problems faster than if you post and wait for a response. The search tool will also yield answers much faster than any human being can.

However, even though it seems like a no-brainer to try to help yourself before asking others to help you, some people don't understand this and will skip all the stickies and post anyway. As a result, people on the forum have to spend time answering their questions, even if they've been answered many times before. And to be honest, this just isn't fair: the people who spend time answering questions do it because they love this game and they love this community, but their time is valuable, and to have them wasting it because other people are too lazy to help themselves is unacceptable.

To help you find all the stuff you should read before posting, I've compiled a list of critical posts here. Use these resources, and read the stickies thoroughly!

1. A Guide to Troubleshoot Planeshift on Mac OS X -- Read this thoroughly and do what it says! It links to the rest of these stickies as well.
2. ATI X1600 graphics card work-around -- Fix for Intel users with the aforementioned graphics card and PPC users with Leopard.
3. How to Obtain a Console/Crash Log -- If all else fails, and you need help troubleshooting a crash, go here to determine how to get us the logs we need.
4. Forum search -- Used to search existing threads. Make sure to limit your search to the Mac forum. USE THIS!

To the helpful souls on the forum: feel free to not respond to any post that does not explicitly state that they read the stickies and searched before posting. These posts will probably be deleted before their authors can read them in any case.

If you think that I've neglected to include some critical information in a sticky, please let me know via PM. Otherwise, make sure you make a concerted effort to solve your own problems before posting. If you don't, your post will be swiftly and mercilessly deleted. Consider yourself warned!

~Cha0s
Edited to be nicer/less rantish
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:17:43 pm by Venalan »
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!