Author Topic: Weird way of saying MMORPG...  (Read 464 times)

Ecolem

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Weird way of saying MMORPG...
« on: October 25, 2007, 10:27:01 am »
Yeah so for as long as i remembered the first time i saw the word MMORPG i pronounced it in my head, get this, as "MegaMorph".

I have no idea why but ever since then it has stuck to me. So instead of saying 'em em oh are pee gee' i simply say MegaMorph.  ;D
It might be because of me thinking (when i was like 12) that M standard for 'Mega' and MORPG standard for Morph....silly me  :-*

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
Re: Weird way of saying MMORPG...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 10:58:08 am »
ok... righto... I can scratch that off my list of things to know before I die!  \\o//

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 06:34:39 pm »
I figured it was too hard to say "M - M - O - R - P - G" in my brain, so I've discovered an easier way to say it: "Muhmorpguh." Or, you could say, "Mamorpeg." If anyone wants to use those, feel free to do so. You can read the shorter guide here:

There are two exclusive ways to pronounce the abbreviation "MMORPG." This is an abridge version . . . feel free to use these pronounciations at any time. The most common and firstly experimented was "Muhmorpguh." Slowly read this allowed: "Muh - morp - guh." It is a very elementary . . . The second most widely-used is "Mamorpeg," which carries a Carolinian accent. People usually say it like, "Mam - orp- egg," "Ma - morp - egg," or "Ma - more - peg".

Ecolem

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:57:31 pm »
My way is so much better ;)

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 02:01:19 am »
In the wise words of Homer Simpson:

"You're all nuts."

I have to admit I do like the sound of "Megamorph," though.
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 03:03:49 am »
Have fun, watch Episode 7: MMO GRRL of PurePwnage.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty