Author Topic: Combat Bug  (Read 419 times)

bubble

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Combat Bug
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:01:15 am »
I was hanging out in the sewers, and I noticed that if I attack gobbles from behind, they don't seem smart enough to turn around and attack me.

I wondered if this trait was specific to gobbles, but it doesn't seem so. I can now kill several things which I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be able to kill; simply by standing behind them and attacking.

I'm guessing this is a bug, and not intentional?

Jaelin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Combat Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 08:56:04 am »
Funny, I can't attack anything.

I killed rats in the tutorial... but haven't been able to kill anything else.

It doesn't come up with the attack icon when I right click.  If I try to attack it by using the command, it tells me I don't have permission.  This is true for everything I've encountered so far in the game, including sewers earlier today.

bubble

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 10:27:12 am »
> Funny, I can't attack anything.

That's because the NPCclient is currently not running on the server. Search the forums for NPCclient, and you'll learn all about it.

Maybe they've purposely brought the NPCclient down to fix this very bug; although it's probably just crashed, and the relevant parties haven't noticed yet, so they haven't restarted it.

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 01:26:54 pm »
since the new release, the monters (i suppose so) havent been able to attack you back.  so they get damage but dont ripost. it was certainly the case when you were writing this and it will still occurs in the future  :P  :)
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin