Author Topic: Bad "enforcement"  (Read 1064 times)

190nifes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Bad "enforcement"
« on: May 21, 2008, 11:31:50 am »
I barely even started the game and some guy comes and cusses me out like it probably wasnt even 5min into the game  :o my jaw droped like that I was one of the few how reported but realy you guess need to work on enforcement!

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bad "enforcement"
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:36:24 am »
Being as how you said very little that we could understand I fear there is a chance you did bad reporting.

Perhaps if you laid out your problem more clearly here we could offer some help.

I would love to help you.

Kaityra

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:36:51 am »
What did you do in these 5 minutes?  :o Have you been doing the tutorial or was it after the tutorial? You can always write a petition to a GM if you have problems with other players.

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:40:09 am »
Welcome to PS.  I'm sorry that your first experience was not pleasant.  However I do not think that this is all that common.    We don't currently have enough GM's to cover 24/7, but most people know what will happen if they act this way, and our player base is mostly pretty small and dedicated.  Occasionally trolls go through the registration process just for a couple minutes of profanity, but for all but the most dedicated trolls it's just too much trouble.  In the future please use /petition, /report, or simply /who Game and /tell a Game Master and we will do what we can.
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"

190nifes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 11:42:32 am »
okay 3 things 1 it was after the tutorial 5min was an exageration 2 I was just kind takeing out some anger but I fell that there should be some people who are like gaurds becase not every one will report and 3 I apreciate you for wanting to help but now as I look back at my question there realy isnt much you can do...sorry for takeing up space :-[

This post was origianally sapoosed to be next to the guy before the post before this..complicated...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:44:22 am by 190nifes »

neko kyouran

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 11:45:14 am »
by default, your chats with others are stored in a text file on your hard drive.  you can review them and send an in game petition to have whoever was causing trouble be monitored and if they act out again, the appropriate actions will be taken to rectify the situation.

Ichaas

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 05:42:35 am »
This is what the /ignore command is for. Alternatively you can stand your ground and tell that person to shut the hell up.

neko kyouran

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 08:05:49 am »
Alternatively you can stand your ground and tell that person to shut the hell up.

I highly advise against that.  You don't want to stoop to their level.  And they get their kicks from seeing people get angry, so it's best to simply report them, and go on your merry way ignoring them and let the authorities deal with them.

Ichaas

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 09:29:36 am »
Alternatively you can stand your ground and tell that person to shut the hell up.

I highly advise against that.  You don't want to stoop to their level.  And they get their kicks from seeing people get angry, so it's best to simply report them, and go on your merry way ignoring them and let the authorities deal with them.
Aww - I was going for a more slight irritation/ apathetic "shut up" than a "RrrraawwrshutupnoworI'lltearoutyoureyeballsandfeedthemtothepigswithaglassofwine!", you know?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 09:45:19 am »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty