Author Topic: Quests  (Read 905 times)

angelray3

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Quests
« on: December 11, 2009, 05:10:22 am »
So I have just downloaded and installed the newest client .5, while it looks pretty and seems to work well on my mac, I noticed that ALL of my quests are GONE... this makes me a little irritated considering I had about 7 or 8 going on at once... Are these quests gone forever? Do I have to start them all over again? If so, the developers might want to think of that for the next release... might make more than a few people angry...

katu

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Settings Developer
    • View Profile
    • ghozm.org
Re: Quests
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 05:21:42 am »
Because of the new quest system and the way we now communicate with NPCs all the quests had to be wiped. So, yes those quests have to be done again. At least a quest wipe is better than a total wipe that was discussed before this release.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 08:33:49 am »
Also note that along with the quest wipe access to the Winch was also wiped along with your factions. Since the quest system is new the team wants the system tested so one of the reason for wiping quests.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 10:48:34 am »
also access to the blackflame temple which is also quest driven

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:00:00 am »
All factions wiped??  Woo-hoo!  Mordaan gets away with doing those BF quests for "exploration" purposes rather than doing them with an alt like I should have.  (Completed them about 2 days before Xillix's announcement that they would have "dire" consequences).   ::)

:beta:

I can see where people would take issue with all their hard work being wiped away but this is definitely the right call.  Even better than a partial wipe like we had during the testing phase.  I just hope folks are not discouraged from doing those same quests again.  This is an area where the devs need lots of feedback.  Having mounts will definitely make those long BD quests far easier to take.

Let the great quest race begin!   :D
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Rigwyn

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 11:49:35 am »

I found that in some cases saying "give me quest" did not work for quests previously completed however right clicking the npc and then clicking the lips icon worked.

An example was "finra's food"
"Give me quest" resulted in "no"

On a positive note, redoing quests means getting more valuable quest items and another shot at getting familair with the settings info that they disperse.

Thumbs up for the new quest system !

garoninja

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 11:51:17 am »
So i've lost my acess to the winch?

Garosan grins "Sit on me and I'll put a crossbow bolt in the back of your head then bludgeon Vayl to death with one of your arms."

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 12:17:27 pm »
Yes.

This thread has no future.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:32:43 pm by Xillix Queen of Fools »

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 12:55:57 pm »
give me a quest was removed because incompatible with the menu (it would just give a random quest in place of the wanted one)