Author Topic: 0.5.3  (Read 1600 times)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« on: March 16, 2010, 03:25:02 am »
Well I have had more than myself complain about this on Gossip so here goes.

Since 0.5.2 - 0.5.3 the graphic problems have gone down hill and I think a put back to 0.5.2 will have to be done. Some players have found it almost as bad as 0.5

The Problem - The problem is finding no texture on e.g walls, buildings, paths, grass, rocks, dirt, etc and only having black. With me I am finding areas in black for example: Ojaveda the two sides where most of the buildings are the ground is black the main road leading up to the central dsar is very dark but I can just see the road texture. Also most of us have found that loading Mobs takes time, and me personally are finding the arena a very lagging place to be.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:26:45 am by Vakachehk »
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.3
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 03:32:08 am »
There will always be releases that screw a few things up, and soon after a new version is released that returns it to how it should be.

For every bug closed, another opens up.

Anumesa

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 05:23:06 am »
Hahaha that reminds me of when i first started playing around 0.3.18/9 or so..i went for months thinking that the death realm was the worst thing ever because it was entirely black XD

Shoraal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 05:36:39 am »
yes... the texture is a major problem... and the game has become VERY laggy now...

places where I got a plain black texture that did not belong:

- road leading to Arena from Hydlaa plaza
- some floor in Ojaveda, almost like a "road" from the gate circling around the various shops
- some walls in Ojaveda

I am used already to black floors almost everywhere "outside", but this... no, that was not a "make better" patch... the one before was...

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 05:58:04 am »
Try removing the shadercache (on windows somewhere in %APPDATA%, for linux in ~/.planeshift I think). I have had some reports that this helps.

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space, CEL, CrystalBlend and Crystal Core. Please support Crystal Space with a donation.

Shoraal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 07:05:03 am »
did that already.
No real change.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 07:15:07 am »
About the blackness on the road around Th' Broken Door and on some lawns in Hydlaa:

I am pretty sure that they slowly startet getting darker after approaching from a certain distance. I even had a feeling that the blackness drew a kind of trail behind while I turned.

In addition, I thought that some NPC labels (e.g. some of the Tlokes at the zinc mine near the crater) drew a kind of trail, but when I tried to look closer, it was gone. (And from my experience, some testers reply faster "Can't reproduce" than others...)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 09:26:25 am »
I'm hearing a Lady Gaga parody of Poker Face written about PlaneShift. CrystalSpace...

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 09:39:42 am »
Well here is my official advice
When the area around you is black or blue or green or wahtever color
Hitting F11 or F12 [or whatever changes brightness corection for you] gets rid of the problem until the next area you go to.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

scotty110

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 10:21:53 am »
I'm hearing a Lady Gaga parody of Poker Face written about PlaneShift. CrystalSpace...

Please fix my...please fix my cryyyyystal spaaaace!

;D
Main character on zeroping: Halbor

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 10:47:05 am »
disable shadows if you have them enabled

CrazyYlian

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 08:29:31 pm »
Well I've noticed a distinct lag as of 5.3, whenever I move it 'hiccups' every few seconds... the screen just freezes, the sound stops, and then everything resumes a few seconds later.  Didn't have that with 5.2.  Several of my guildies report the same symptoms.  Seems to be cross platform.

Also notice its REALLY bad when crossing from one map to another. After entering a new map I can barely move at all for probably 15-20 seconds.

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 10:19:28 pm »
Well I've noticed a distinct lag as of 5.3, whenever I move it 'hiccups' every few seconds... the screen just freezes, the sound stops, and then everything resumes a few seconds later.  Didn't have that with 5.2.  Several of my guildies report the same symptoms.  Seems to be cross platform.

Also notice its REALLY bad when crossing from one map to another. After entering a new map I can barely move at all for probably 15-20 seconds.

that's probably because the shaders have to be recompiled due to the art update. should be a one-time experience, though (it should only occur the first time you are in that sector at the given daytime)