Author Topic: Players need more rights.  (Read 2721 times)

Xoel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Players need more rights.
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 06:37:15 pm »
hehe... Gosh, I knew Xoel would burnout and get as unabashedly grumbly as the rest of us... I just didn't know it would happen so soon... Darn, lost that bet! I gave you a year dude, you could have at least gone about 4 or 5 more months before you cracked. ;) But at least I was right in that you wouldn't go quietly into that goodnight. ;D

1) One day you'll understand why I trolled so hard well before leaving ;)

2) When they banned Vakachehk I decided it was the last straw, sorry it didn't happen 5 months later, blame Ingles and his banhammah itchy hands.

3) I still think I'm right. Any governing body, digital or real, should be scrutinized by their public. Public discussion of these things leads to the public being better informed, it's better PR, yes there will be flamers, but really, anyone with a brain can tell who is right and who is wrong in a situation, and make that decision for themselves. What are the devs/GMs afraid of? Being wrong a few times?

Let me point out the case of Naimon Ulin, got banned for being a griefer, went to MMORPG.com and sobbed about it. Had that happened on our forums, we would have all told him to stfu, he was in the wrong. But because it wasn't discussed/sorted within the PS community on our forums, he went to MMORPG.com and vented, and there were a few players that said "Wow after reading this debate, I don't want to play PlaneShift, ever." That's bad PR, ladies and gentlemen.

Of course, there would be no need to have these changes if the GM team was above reproach, but sadly, I've seen a few cases of bad behaviour from them now.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 11:24:19 pm »
just plain and simple: NO

there's absolutely no point in causing more flame threads about stupid things.
if you have an issue with a specific GM for real reasons (read: not "he stole me shovle, give it baaack! *cry*"), you're free to contact a higher up GM, the GM team leader (Hanix) or if that isn't enough some dev or even a director to get things sorted out. just keep one thing in mind: don't start flaming at any point, stay respectful and you're a lot more likely to receive a positive answer.

however, publicly discussing such incidents is just totally unprofessional and unacceptable.

This thread isn't flamed it seems to be calmed until your post :P
Went to HaniX, reply was "blah blah blah, I don't listen because I don't really care."

Also we are not trying to pull PS down but help it, because once TA is known and running stably. I would probably see it larger (art, skills, player count, and stabler) than PS in 5 years time. Remember you have been warned.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 01:06:51 am »
i like this proposition, akkaido  \\o//

i hope this won't derail the thread, buuut... ingles needs to be kicked off the gm team. it's obvious why. i'm going to be blunt. ingles has no self-control and doesn't think things over. he's not forgiving. he's not reasonable. he's not afraid to abuse his powers, maybe because he knows he will be protected. he's also not afraid to lie and cause players grief. normally i would never say those things about a gm or any sort of authority, but ingles lost all respect from me. and the community. he doesn't deserve to be on the gm team.

before anyone jumps to conclusions, i'm not angry about lhaa's kick (ban?) or vakachehk's ban. i rarely roleplayed with lhaa and never with vaka. so this is based purely on ingles' actions.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 01:44:20 am »

before anyone jumps to conclusions, i'm not angry about lhaa's kick (ban?) or vakachehk's ban. i rarely roleplayed with lhaa and never with vaka. so this is based purely on ingles' actions.

Hehehe we never have RPed before, just argued and flamed at each other  :P

But yes I do agree with Sarras, Ingles does need to be kicked from the GM team and yes,
he's not reasonable
Soo true!

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 02:00:52 am »
Oh Jacula, your bluntness is always satisfying. <3
You're just asking for Irishman to siggy this you know... I mean, he doesn't even have to rearrange it. ;D

If you dont agree with them and the way that they choose to run the
game then exercise your right to stop playing and find a more enjoyable
game.
Yeah, like the rest of us… Never thought I’d see the day I willingly and contentedly would walk away from PS. Kinda sad really. :(

I know exactly why you trolled so hard in the past. First it was because you thought all that kissing of rears you did would keep you in good graces enough to where you could do whatever you want and get away with it. Then, you trolled because you found out otherwise. :P Knowing that you would be inclined to go down this path is why called you out on the brownnosing early on. ;)

Let me point out the case of Naimon Ulin, got banned for being a griefer, went to MMORPG.com and sobbed about it. Had that happened on our forums, we would have all told him to stfu, he was in the wrong. But because it wasn't discussed/sorted within the PS community on our forums, he went to MMORPG.com and vented, and there were a few players that said "Wow after reading this debate, I don't want to play PlaneShift, ever." That's bad PR, ladies and gentlemen.
There’s nothing new about that… The difference these days is that the community doesn’t sparkle enough to outshine the negativity any more. Say and think what you want of the past players, but in the past, the game used to get really good reviews on the community in game.

Xoel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 02:03:54 am »

I know exactly why you trolled so hard in the past. First it was because you thought all that kissing of rears you did would keep you in good graces enough to where you could do whatever you want and get away with it. Then, you trolled because you found out otherwise. :P Knowing that you would be inclined to go down this path is why called you out on the brownnosing early on. ;)

Nope, still not got it.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 02:06:27 am »
Yo, this forum is not the place to critique a specific GM in such a way. You do not have to like a GM - you do not have to respect them - yet you have to feign it, and you have to respect this forum and the rules which pertain - or you will be banned.

And I'm telling you this before people who are ticked off and actually have power step in. I imagine you care about these accounts and using this forum or why would you continue to stay, eh? So hear my words and use your sense.

EDIT: None of what I said implies I do not respect the GM Team. Stop looking for hidden meaning people.  :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:15:56 am by bloodedIrishman »

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 02:51:36 am »

The first rule in any RPG Game World is that a GM has the last word on anything.

Such threads as these are blatantly breaking this forum's Rules of Conduct; with regards to GMs.

Moderators, please, lock them down!

They are not worth the electrons which convey them and act only as flies to honey to bitter out of game oldbies.

- Nova

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 03:14:21 am »
This is the Complaints Department we are complaining, don't like it then leave.

The first rule in any RPG Game World is that a GM has the last word on anything.

No they don't. In Planeshift it would be HaniX then Talad.

I have told HaniX my complaint about Ingles and all he said was he backs him. Not good enough in my own opinion, and so here is where I come.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 03:19:21 am »
@Geoni: See ... I told you he wouldn't even have to rearrange it. ;D

@Irishman: If he wants to get his account banned or something it's his business. If I still cared about PS's PR I'd say the biggest problem is that it can give false impressions to those that haven't experienced the game themselves. However, I figure it will work itself out. People will either run in fear or jump in and play. All things will work itself out over time... er... most anyway. Just as a general note though, it doesn't matter right or wrong, rules or no rules at this point. I do believe that a forum is just the absolute wrong place for any kind of serious discussion.

@Novacadian: I know you're just sore because you have a gift of looking like a pretentious git when oldbies come around, but there's no need to get your panties in a knot. I'm sure the mods are aware of the thread by now and are already deciding what to do. ;D

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 03:34:51 am »
but there's no need to get your panties in a knot.

;D Love that saying!

In my own opinion people can come on here and state all they like, after talking with a GM about the issue. That was done here.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 04:56:06 am »
Your license to cry has been refuted. You must log off and find a dark corner now.

Warning: Keep away from cutting objects, high places and pills.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 04:58:25 am »
How did this turn out to be like the other thread.
 :offtopic:

Sillamon

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 01:07:51 pm »

This is the Complaints Department we are complaining, don't like it then leave.

+1

Nerver thought I'de give Vakachehk a point for anything ...  ::|

Phage

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 03:16:15 pm »
i hope this won't derail the thread, buuut... ingles needs to be kicked off the gm team. it's obvious why. i'm going to be blunt. ingles has no self-control and doesn't think things over. he's not forgiving. he's not reasonable. he's not afraid to abuse his powers, maybe because he knows he will be protected. he's also not afraid to lie and cause players grief. normally i would never say those things about a gm or any sort of authority, but ingles lost all respect from me. and the community. he doesn't deserve to be on the gm team.
Ingles, perhaps its time to tell your bosom buddy Janner, or vice versa, to create a new GM account now?
Over there, lurking from safe distance.