Author Topic: Monovalent quest items  (Read 292 times)

Tzarhunt

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Monovalent quest items
« on: December 17, 2010, 12:07:08 pm »
Greetings, fellows hydlaans and travelers.
Please forgive me as my english may not be very good.

Here's my problem: Some quest items can only be used in one way if you have made a particular choice. To illustrate this, I'll tell you about a disappointing issue I have with the quest 'Gardr's missing plans'.

The text below contains spoil about this quest.

As you may know, the 'Gardr's Missing Plans' quest is about giving, on behalf of Gardr, a box to the Hydlaa engineer, Warinn Klumdt. Then you have to solve a riddle so he can open the box, which is empty! So Warinn ask you to find out what happened to the plans.
After a short investigation, it turns out that Pauril Rentaurin stole them!

He then gives you two choices: Either you can buy it for 10 circles, or you can go to Zak and sell it to him for 80 Cirles, and split the profit with Pauril.

So I though: 'Nice! I'll tell him that I'll go and sell it to Zak, but instead I'll give it back to Warinn, and it won't cost me a tria. This Pauril will learn not to trust strangers.'

So I agree, alright, let's split the profit, I'll take the plans to Zak, and Pauril hands me the Gargr's plans. I then go to Warinn, but he doesn't want the plans!!

This is odd; Warinn has no clue about how my char got the plans, and those are the same I could have bought for 10 circles!! Maybe my char will get in troubles with whatever organization Pautil belongs to, so be it! The choice still exists!!

My character would never give those plans to Zak, but I can't do it any other way now! It's in conflict with the 'being consistent in your character's choices' concept.

Anyway, PlaneShift is a fantastic game, the quests are great, a lot of players are awesome role-players and the world and settings are marvelous!

(if what I wrote is incomprehensible, feel free to ask me to reformulate!)