Author Topic: Casting spells wipes out mental stamina  (Read 669 times)

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Casting spells wipes out mental stamina
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 11:55:59 am »
Mental stamina is used for magical or tedious crafting, just as physical stamina is used in mining and smithing.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 01:38:44 pm »
To make sense, mental stamina needs to do something different than mana/mp, and as far as I can see so far (limited testing so please tell me if I am wrong), it doesn't really achieve this.
I had the impression that mental stamina is recovered and spent much more quickly than mana, so it may serve as a limiting factor for intense use of magic in a short time interval, while mana can be the bottle neck on a longer time scale.

ohmarinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 08:58:31 am »
I have to agree with the depletion of either physical and mental stamina. It is going too fast. I have spoken with several people ingame and apparently it was less of a problem before, so it's also unfair to newer players that haven't leveled-up their skills yet. It is much harder to train your magic skills now that you need to sleep+sit after five or six casts of a higher level spell.

Shatterkiss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 10:08:17 am »
It's easier to deal with now that the Rinse spell recovers five times what it used to, but that's not necessarily the easiest glyph to get.  New players will have a really hard time until they can get one.