Author Topic: Single chance riddle's flexibility  (Read 304 times)

Echoes91

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Single chance riddle's flexibility
« on: July 26, 2014, 08:25:37 am »
Hello, today I gave the right answer to an easy single chance riddle  but, for the second time, it was not accepted because words were not exactly the same ones that the program expected. I know that working on flexibility must be hard because of many possible combinations, but that could be a reason to give more chances by now until it improves. I'll avoid spoiling answers here but I came to know the right answer from another player to see that there was just a single different word while the meaning was exactly the same. This time i lost only 200 tria but the last time i lost the whole Messenger's Bag quest. All help requests and petition went unanswered so I'll ask here to kindly reset at least Dark Wanderer's quest for Lyosh Kordgahn, because it looks really unfair to lose it due to lack of flexibility, and suggest to take away the single chance limit by now

bilbous

Re: Single chance riddle's flexibility
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 08:47:48 am »
I agree that that quest is a bit of trouble. I've failed for the same reason at least a couple times. The last time I made a bug report about it and got another variation to the answer added. Since language comprehension is beyond the capacity of the game engine, allowing two or three guesses ought to be acceptable. If this is a relatively unimportant quest then failure can be more acceptable but I think it is a linchpin for further advancement.

Barring some kind of programmatic change to this situation perhaps someone could publish a book of riddles in the game that has all the proper answers. I know there are guilds which compile quest information but for people who do not consult spoilers until after they have tried everything they can think of, only one shot at something is counter-productive and encourages the use of spoilers.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:01:29 am »
I had such an issue too because I misunderstood the exact meaning of a word in English which is not my native language ("upwards" was not accepted, the executioner was picky here).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Echoes91

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 11:39:41 am »
I had such an issue too because I misunderstood the exact meaning of a word in English which is not my native language ("upwards" was not accepted, the executioner was picky here).
Exactly the same for me: "above me" not accepted. English is not my native language too but i think that the meaning was correct...

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 11:53:56 am »
I used a synonym for vomit ;) I believe that is acceptable now. Still what kind of person do you have to be to do that kind of work?

Pakarro

• Hydlaa Resident
  • My kind mistress is Pakerl from "The Family"
    • View Profile
    • meet Pakerl
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 03:18:16 am »
I used a synonym for vomit ;) I believe that is acceptable now. Still what kind of person do you have to be to do that kind of work?

I failed doing this quest, because I used "vomit him", instead of "vomit dwarf". I want to add that I used the correct ordering of words...

So, this is a real nuisance.
Glad to meet you :)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 03:31:22 am »

Personally, I'd rather be able to just keep guessing until you get it right. Getting a riddle wrong, and then realized that you are screwed is a big kick in the ass.