Author Topic: The thread has now been locked  (Read 1010 times)

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
The thread has now been locked
« on: May 13, 2015, 10:50:26 pm »
The Speak with the God/dess thread is now locked. I can neither post nor modify any of my previous posts...

I was sent a system message that said speaking in IRC gm-talk is my only option now. There was not enough space in the system to allow me to respond there.  I said that I do not trust I would receive a fair hearing in IRC without witnesses. I also reminded the GMs that my computer does not do IRC well and that if I agree to speak in IRC I ask for witnesses of my invitation to be there.  And if can get in IRC at all, this session also needs to be at a time convenient to me.

Who knows if this will be posted so I have also posted in Facebook if you're one of Roled's friends. Go there if you want.

RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Pierre

Re: The thread has now been locked
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 11:40:23 pm »
Yep.  That's why I made the "whelp" thread:

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=42154.0

Bunch of darlings posted over there, I appreciate those people.  RR, it's locked and good luck getting anything like a human response out of them.  It's like in Jesus's time, those in power (I was in love with a Roman once  :love:, speaking of those times) love to wield it.  Humility strongly lacking.  Identification and empathy with the wronged non-existent.

Earlier it was funny to me, prior to this incident, funny in the sense that talk of being banned and whatnot was over the top and I couldn't see it happening.

I still don't see banning happening (either because I'm an idiot or because it won't happen, people are not that ridiculous and over the top).  I do see a huge problem with the way this was handled and a huge inability to effing communicate with decency and humanity.

I'm leaning that way myself, in that I'm getting pretty angry, so will hush.  But lockings and warnings and other kinds of B.S. are not a healthy sign of a community.  And some darlings from the old days, the old old days, would not approve. 

* Pierre glares with a new testament in her right hand, a set of poetry books in her left, looking sad and mad and about to kick some tables over.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 02:02:25 am »
I said that I do not trust I would receive a fair hearing in IRC without witnesses.

No point in it. Once the GMs have made up their minds, they will stick with it. They'll hear you out and keep it in consideration, but it's pointless to continue this when there's already so much discussion on the forum.

For the record, I'm on no one's side in this matter. Roled, what you did was silly. What the GMs did was unnecessary. The rule about OOC behavior applies to egregious out-of-character actions. Maybe if Roled started ranting on stage about gay marriage in Texas, what the GMs did would make sense. But in this case, no.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 02:14:55 am »
Usually IRC clients have logs, just as planeshift ingame chat, and I assume you're not confronting a platoon with ground-to-air weapons pointed in your general direction.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 02:20:19 am »
It puts the player at a huge disadvantage. The player in this case will have to defend his argument against however many gms or staff there are. They will probably not have fellow players in the discussion to support them due to time differences.

The forum is far superior as it seen by more eyes and over a longer period of time so anything that is incorrect or manipulative will be more likely to be spotted and pointed out. The result is a more honest, accurate and productive discussion.

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 03:51:12 am »
I'm fearing something...
Do not answer "harassment" by harassment. This will just make things worse...
What would be good and better in my opinion, is that you have a talk directly with the GMs implicated, and discuss your situation peacefully.

"Do not answer fire by fire"

Denes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 04:25:38 am »
In my opinion as outsider, Roled’s idea for a witness on IRC is reasonable.
Assuming what GMs will tell or how offensive they will get isn’t but I guess it depends on what you want to achieve. Change? Justice? Revenge?
If we talk about constructive discussion, I gather this forum can provide that when it comes to events, RP, art or tech related topics. Otherwise… well, you get what I’m or others are doing now :)
I also think community would be best served if you Roled, the GMs and everyone could put this frustration behind and get back to roleplay, events and whatnot while not diminishing your legit right to raise concerns.
my thoughts…

PS:
I’ve found freenode’s web based IRC client works most of the time including my phone. Still, you’ll have to manually save the logs from the browser window. http://www.planeshift.it/IRC
   When you exhausted all other options you can look for the next in the food chain I guess which I understand you have to anyway to have the warning removed. http://www.planeshift.it/element/%7B%7D/Site%20images/Pages/Development/Organization_Chart.png

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 08:29:58 am »
I sometimes think the "Disagreeing with the PS team in public? Consider this thread locked" approach isn't really helping anyone.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 06:11:56 pm »
This thread is infringing at least 2 forum policies:

Debates bans, warnings, Game Master or moderator actions.

Any inquiries or comments are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of the forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum. For further information on GM issues, check the "Reporting In-Game Abuse" thread.

and this:

IN ADDITION, forum users may not:

Make multiple posts on the same subject for the purpose of getting attention paid to your issue. No need to cross-post to multiple forums – we’ll see the post no matter where you place it. If you cross post or spam the forum, your posts will be removed.
    Make a reply after your own reply.

Just to refresh your mind about the forum rules refer to: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=35709.0

Now I'm pretty sure someone will complain about "freedom of speech" or "disagreeing with the PS team is discouraged, etc." but you should always remember every community has its own set of policies and respecting the policies is every member's duty.
If you don't like these policies no one oblige you to stay, but if you wish to stay you're welcome but you're required to respect the policies!

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 09:24:49 pm »
This is the message I got from Talad the Developer today:
"
Re: Formal petition to rescind Zunna's erroneous & unwarranted W
« Sent to: Tuathanach, Roled, Venalan, Bodier, iridia, Zunna on: Today at 04:04:19 PM »

Hi, it seems to me your request is exaggerated as we are speaking about a warning. The lgbt issues has been discussed widely and insisting on it in game is worth a warning in my opinion. Enjoy PlaneShift."

My question in return to Talad, just sent , is "Sir or Madam: Did you read the logs? "

followed by this:
"I believe you have conflated the "lbgt" issue with the reason Zunna stated the warning was issued- that was for his Zunna's opinion, speaking ooc while ic. My contention and many other players who were there have also voiced, that Roled did not speak ooc while ic. Some players disagree, some agree. The logs however make it clear that Zunna and Roled were discussing the warning for speaking ooc while ic.

My request for rescinding the warning  is because the accusation was I spoke ooc while IC. I did not do that as the logs clearly show.

I respectfully ask you Talad to reconsider in view of your misunderstanding about why Zunna issued the warning.

I would love to put this to rest.  All it would take is a public apology from Zunna for mis applying the warning when the facts do not support his/her/kra's accusation.

RR"

[modified for clarification of Talad's misunderstanding of what the warning was based on. RR]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:48:09 pm by Roled »
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 03:15:59 am »
Now I'm pretty sure someone will complain about "freedom of speech" or "disagreeing with the PS team is discouraged, etc." but you should always remember every community has its own set of policies and respecting the policies is every member's duty.
If you don't like these policies no one oblige you to stay, but if you wish to stay you're welcome but you're required to respect the policies!
You're realizing that if all that'd disagree with you on this left this forum would be pretty much the PS team only posting? Also, it feels like you're using the term "community" synonymous to "myself" and "the PS team".

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 03:23:44 am »
I intended not to comment on this or related topics, but I really start to wonder: Are there any technical implications of the warning issued against Roled, or is it just... well... a warning? Maybe there's a lot of noise here.
That being said, I feel sorry for Roled that his game-event ended up like this.

Mantho

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 03:31:40 am »
@Bonifarzia : Just reading Tuathanach loggs (in the closed topic i think) it didn't ended like this, it just continued thanks to the present players and the moderation.
A warning is just a warning sentence as far as I know, something like  : "Hey don't do it again, dude".

@Donari : com'on now, he's just saying : "follow the rules" basically. How is that bad, harassing or whatever ?

Can we move on now, please  ???

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 03:33:51 am »
Mantho, rules are always selectively enforced. Like www.eonwind.com or www.donari.org would surely agree with. Harassment and such are two entirely different pairs of shoes in comparison to the rules Eonwind cited.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 03:55:08 am »
I intended not to comment on this or related topics, but I really start to wonder: Are there any technical implications of the warning issued against Roled, or is it just... well... a warning? Maybe there's a lot of noise here.
That being said, I feel sorry for Roled that his game-event ended up like this.

You are probably right about the warning, but I think the bulk of the issue is with how he was treated and with the trashing of his event. Anyway, what's done is done and there is a lot of player resentment growing as a result of this and other prior incidents. Roled was always very kind to everyone here and he was always sticking his hand out to newcomers and helping them to get connected. He's an asset to the community and should be treated that way.