Author Topic: Death has no impact  (Read 1906 times)

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
Re: Death has no impact
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2017, 02:37:37 am »
But the reason I RPed Larili as annoyed more than hurt

Oh, yeah, I keep forgetting:  don't take my comment on “bad RP” as some slight or deprecation.  I don't mean to sound high and mighty, or to make it seem like a bad RP is result of a personality defect on the part fo the roleplayer, even if it is caused by a lapse of their immersion.

There's a little adage I'd like to share — indeed, I think i've already done it here in some earlier post, — and then I'm done:  Everything that happens in RP, is RP.  Inconsistencies happen even in our world and with our personalities; maybe our Ghosts in the Machines have off–days too. 
Furthermore:  ‘Bad RP’ isn't always caused by a single player.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Death has no impact
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 06:45:34 am »
Reading about the lore and how things are enjoyable to me but a lot needs to come from IC books, being restricted to the library to read those books isn't something I like and I don't think it should be the case. The obvious objection to putting the books online on for example the wiki is that players will cheat the "go find out which plants Nolthrir children play games with" quests. but I don't think there is a problem with that as except for walking to the library the player still fulfilled the purpose the quest has: learning about the world.
sometime ago we discussed about releasing some of jayose library in the wiki section of planeshift and we agreed it would be fine to let the players read some lore outside the game so they can learn what they need to RP.

However, as of now, we have not the resources to start this task.

Tell me which books you want in the wiki and you'll get them there. No questions asked.

Best course of action would be to contact Venalan or Moordan (settings) via IRC.