Author Topic: Keep the billboards clutter-free, please  (Read 782 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Keep the billboards clutter-free, please
« on: August 29, 2017, 06:44:59 am »
This is both a complaint to the GM team and a request to the playerbase.

The Hydlaa billboard has become really cluttered. Sure, people rarely use books now, and prefer to use maps/parchments because they look prettier, and they can be adorned and whatnot. I'm thinking that maybe they are even less resource intensive, I don't know.

Still, I'm asking the GM team to please tidy up the billboards if it's possible, and while I'm at it I'll suggest to you other players that, to allow GMs to know for how long has an advert there, you put, in brackets, the date when you posted it. That way it can be monitored better, and removed if there hasn't been any activity or confirmation by that player that they still want it there.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
Re: Keep the billboards clutter-free, please
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 07:10:19 am »
I have recently cleaned them up actually.
If the guild or person has online activity I have left it up.

As far as books vs maps I think it's a personal preference. Some are not as talented with the maps and some have more information they would like to convey in their message so they use the books.  I might try and poke people in the guilds or individuals who have things posted and double check they still want them up because perhaps they have forgotten about them. But I did just look over them like two nights ago and removed several.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 06:39:14 pm »
...You ever been to a city? Billboards are meant to be tacked full of pamphlets and papers. Clutter it up, people.

I'm surprised there's no graffiti.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 08:44:29 pm »
Also if you need a flier or poster locked or unlocked just open a petition and we will be happy to do so to keep them from being picked up and taken down, usually by noobs.

I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 05:43:06 am »
[...] usually by noobs.

Or salty people. I'll just have to ask you for a spot when I see a GM online, can't risk leaving a poster unattended no matter how shortly it takes to reply to a petition. They're hard to do.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 12:32:52 pm »
[...] usually by noobs.

Or salty people. I'll just have to ask you for a spot when I see a GM online, can't risk leaving a poster unattended no matter how shortly it takes to reply to a petition. They're hard to do.
How about not leaving the only copy to billboard?

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 12:35:07 pm »
You can easily save a copy once you upload it into the game and just load as many as you want.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 06:39:23 am »
That or roll a "town crier" or "messenger". Sometimes IC word of mouth and gossip works well.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 10:01:55 am »
That or roll a "town crier" or "messenger". Sometimes IC word of mouth and gossip works well.

Now that's an idea for a character. Come back in game and play it.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 12:31:37 pm »
I did in the past, and it worked quite well. IC messengers and characters tasked with summoning people are nothing new, you just don't see it much. Too bad.. it's a great way to get word around and to get involved with other character's affairs.