Author Topic: recovering date-of-birth for a Character  (Read 426 times)

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
recovering date-of-birth for a Character
« on: October 04, 2018, 05:30:28 am »
I honestly don't know if this is the best place to ask such a thing.  Maybe the Wish List?  But I've posted enough there for a while.

Mostly, this is complaining about something I failed to do:  make a note of a certain character's birth date as chosen during character generation.
Such information should probably be available when viewing your “Character Creation” info — that much could be a complaint directed toward the interface, and would warrant a request for that feature.

To conclude this little ramble, I would like to know this:  am I required to submit a Petition for that character so as to retrieve the information?  Is it even possible — is it stored in the database?
Is that information saved somewhere locally when you upload a new character?  I can't see it.  If it was in the cache folder, of course, then it is certainly gone now.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: recovering date-of-birth for a Character
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:05:21 am »
Go to https://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/login/ and you get this and more.

Gonger

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
Re: recovering date-of-birth for a Character
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 01:04:34 pm »
Oh, thanks!  I always thought that it was more like a MySpace for PlaneShift, rather than comparable to the similar things available for many other MMOGs:  reading from the server database and all that.

However, though it does show the date when I created the character, it doesn't show the birthday of the character in–universe.
From that, I can suppose that the server's database doesn't store such information.
Allowing me to come up with my own date. >o)  I was presuming that I would need to do so; now, knowing that I will not be contradicting anything, I will.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn