Author Topic: Item Malls  (Read 533 times)

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
Item Malls
« on: June 29, 2009, 04:38:52 pm »
I think it's about time that we re-implement item malls.  They were a huge plus in MB, for those who remember, and showed off how much people had hunted crystals.  I've decided that diamonds should be the main currency, you may either mine for them or buy them for real life currency.  The items should not give much bonus but should look super cool and be runescapy.  I think this would attract many more immature people who think capes are pretty and stuff and will waste their money on them hence boosting PlaneShift's development.  I also think we should not let those idiots see this post or they'll catch on to us <.<

I also think emoticons should traslate into /mes so as to get newbies used to using them.  It wouldn't be too hard to parse messages (I know through knowledging that there is a similar system already in place for settings).  And after a while I'm sure that they'd ask somebody why it did that and then that person would explain roleplay better.

It would also help stop Donari from getting all rambunctious when Talad comes in game for a special event and uses an emoticon :P
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Item Malls
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 04:55:39 pm »
I also think we should not let those idiots see this post or they'll catch on to us <.<

Secrets are secret for a reason >:( Why don't you just tell everyone where we hid Miguel's body, while you're at it?
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 05:26:42 pm »
This is  :offtopic: but.....

OMG it's Karyuu!!  ::|

Now on a on topic note, I still don't get what an item mall is.  ??? I may be an oldbie now but I'm not that old.  :P

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 05:47:04 pm »
It's a place to buy items from your web browser for ingame use.  Usually things like 3x Exp or double damage.
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 07:51:20 pm »
Make it so points are tradeable.  That way I can sell my guildhouse on EZ-PC for points on the Fragnetics server.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 08:21:37 pm »
It's a place to buy items from your web browser for ingame use.  Usually things like 3x Exp or double damage.

Ok, what was confusing me was I thought you were proposing something in game. Cool idea but you need more items to buy unless they start conscripting  gobbles and ulbers to be pets or consumers as mounts.  ;D