Author Topic: Certain Furniture Items Can Now Act as Containers  (Read 587 times)

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Certain Furniture Items Can Now Act as Containers
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:21:05 am »
Some furniture pieces have been updated so that they are now containers as well. This means you will be able to actually store items inside of a chest or the closet that you bought. :)

The items that were are updated are:
  • Iron Chest
  • Reinforced Wooden chest
  • Ornated Large Chest
  • Two doors Closet
  • Wooden Crate

NOTE: One thing to keep in mind, so we don't start flooding the forums and bug tracker. With guarding you may experience issues about who can do what when with the objects. The person guarding the object so far is the only person who can put items into the object.  We are aware of this and looking into different options to make more public friendly container sharing, but this a step in the right direction so please be patient.

Toox

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Certain Furniture Items Can Now Act as Containers
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 10:27:52 am »
Sounds really cool!  :thumbup:

I've been waiting for something like this for a while.

Umm, do you have to stay near the chest for it to still be guarded? Is they, or certain types of containers only deployable in certain areas (Guildhouses and the like)? Can I just leave one in a room in Kada-Els, and will it still be only openable to me? I'm looking forward to getting one!

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 11:15:55 am »
good work  \\o// gonna get rid of those sacks and use these new containers  ;D
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Kaityra

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 12:16:01 pm »
We are aware of this and looking into different options to make more public friendly container sharing, but this a step in the right direction so please be patient.

Could it really be...? Do I really see some light at the end of the tunnel for us rogues?  ;D  Good work indeed. \\o//

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 12:49:15 pm »
The closet and the crate are currently purchasable in game. Chests are ready to go and we are setting up their availability methods at this time. By default chests do not lock, however, I am working on a method for that as well.

For guarding, I would try it out amongst yourselves and post the results here. I played with it some but not extensively.

Gaian

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 01:50:04 pm »
Good job, I was waiting for this.  :)
Now I can use furniture for something over furniture fight.  :D