Author Topic: My idea on pick pocketing  (Read 768 times)

olsers

• Traveller
    • View Profile
My idea on pick pocketing
« on: September 14, 2004, 04:13:17 pm »
you should onyl be allowed to pick pocket dead bodys or injured players
I AM NO LONGER OLSERS I AM DOLVOLVER

http://www.freewebs.com/nighthunters69/

fireofsoul

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 06:06:42 am »
What about NPC\'s?

Exoro

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 12:41:15 pm »
Here is an idea.
Theives cannot pick while victim is in attack mode. And vice versa, theif can pick pocket while the theif is in attack mode.
On the other hand it will stick to realism if the victim could be pick pocketed at any time outside of city gates while not engaged in battle.
If they are still in the city and in plain view  of a guard, the guard would subdue or attack the thief. Other side, if they are in the city but in a non-populated area... aka alley or out of sight in a \'shady\' area, the guards cannot see and would not get involved.
Victim should have a chance to get stolen goods back by attacking or subdoing the theif.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 04:39:04 pm »
it isn\'t fair to novitiates then. You can\'t just pickpocket anyone anytime just because there isn\'t a guard there. Novitiates will be at the advanced players mercy therefore making imbalanced right from the beginning due to default skills in that level of experience that has already been acquired.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Bjorn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 12:54:30 pm »
they should make it that the person has to have a skill at atleast level 10 to be pickpocketed.
If you see someone going around talking about their \'+1 silk underpants\', you would take it as a joke at first and later wonder about their mental status
- ZpTyZ

cobaltblue

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 03:53:51 pm »
so you have to play for a while before you can have your hard earned items stripped away?

Waylayen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 04:14:41 am »
Pickpocket: Only Money and small items
pieces of Monet per succesful Pickpocket attempt: Depends on lvl
Small Items per Succesful pickpocket attempt: Depends on lvl, but it should never go higher then 2

thats the way i look at it, I mean, pickpocketing some one\'s sword would be strange :P