Author Topic: PvP Battle arena and the Hero Contest  (Read 395 times)

Nightmare

• Traveller
    • View Profile
PvP Battle arena and the Hero Contest
« on: September 19, 2004, 07:30:31 pm »
\"Borrowing\" an idea from The Legend of Dragoon here, but why not have Hero Contests?  Each City can have one every game year or so, and anyone can enter.  They face off in a ring, gladiator style, but each may submit before they die, or auto-submit at a certain HP.  Hero contests bank on honorability, such that there will be no killing unless both agree to it.  The fighters could each put up items or gold, and each would have to agree if it was a fair and equal put-up.  When it is agreed, they two may face off.  Non-combatants could also bet on the matches if it is deemed a good and profitable, and friends could support each other and spar.  This could be done tournament-style -- for fame and fortune, or just for fun.  Note that this is just my idea for 1 on 1 combat, nothing major in terms of army vs army and such like that.  A special, unique, one-of-a-kind prize could be the prize for the victor, or a special title, or something like that.  Just an idea, and a consolation for paxx, as everyone seems bloodthirsty and evil, and all I\'d like to do is play swords in an arena for some fun and money or a prize or something.  Just my thoughts.  Any criticisms, go right aheaad, just don\'t flame me.  I eat the souls of those who flame me. :evil:
I WILL SHOW YOU THE GREATEST NIGHTMARE!

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 11:25:58 am »
nice idea,
thing about Gladiator arena is... it\'s Always a fight to the death.
also, to make it fairer, you\'d need sub category tournaments..
for animal tamers vs animal tamers
assassin vs assassin etc
then aswell  as that, you\'d need Levels of tournaments
say lvls 5-10 10-20 20-40 or something like that, putting a lvl 46 assassin against a lvl 3 Mage is pretty silly
Weapon/magic usage
whether your allowed to heal yourself so many times or not etc

not rippin your idea up, just it\'s gotta lot of detail in tournaments ^^

Nightmare

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 01:54:08 pm »
I know no true specifics of this game yet, so it was just an idea I threw in.  Do what you like with it, I just like to contribute.  :]
I WILL SHOW YOU THE GREATEST NIGHTMARE!

leuxast

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 04:03:02 pm »
I think the your idea is great. i have nothing more to contibute (because you are all so clever) other than to wonder how big the arena would be and if you could have a natural arena (say for animal tamers and their animals or a city type landscape for assasains) once again i think this idea rocks!
ps. maybe guilds could have personal arenas to solve small arguments
\"Light a man a fire and you keep him warm for a night,
Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life!\"
Tybalt the Red Monk