Author Topic: Pk'ing idea that might actually work  (Read 696 times)

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Pk'ing idea that might actually work
« on: December 14, 2004, 12:38:07 pm »
In real life whats to stop you from attacking or fighting someone? It\'s the thought that that guy looks bigger and stronger than you. But how do you know? By looks...in real life you aren\'t going to tell someone, \"Hi, may you please tell me your stats.\" Therefore I propose an three ideas...that has to do with pk\'ing and stats...

First is that Planeshift does not give characters the ability to right click and see a persons stats or anything of that nature. The only way you could find out is if the person tells you. I think that would be a great pk\'ing supplemental. Its so apparent...if your not sure that you can fight the other guy, then don\'t. It would make you choose your opponents more wisely...

Secondly, you can\'t change your armour in the middle of battle, the only thing you can change is the weapon you yield, which I believe should take up one entire attack phase. Which is true because in \"medieval times\" you don\'t see people changing armour, it would be too difficult. This would also help so that incase a l33t player tries to look noobish with noobish armor and try to trick a noob into fighting him/her, then that l33t player would be stuck using that noob armour. Then in that case it would force the l33t player into wearing his l33t armour which would give noobs the heads up to determine what person they wish to fight...

Whenever someone fights a player that has less experience than him, the player with less experience gets to choose from a list of status reduction items. To make the fight more balanced. The amount of the reduction is proportionate to the amount of experience less he has. For ex:

Bob has 12,000 combat exp total
Mary has 6,000 combat exp total

Mary\'s list would come out:
\"Select Status Reduction for Bob::
Strength -6
Endurance -6
and so on...

If Bob has 1,000 combat exp total
Mary has 300 combat exp total
(Its still proportionate)
Mary\'s list would come out:
\"Select status reduction for Bob:\"
strength -7
Endurace -7
and so on...

No stat can ever go below 1...
That was just a sample, the devs can figure out any system they want to...

I know this was a long post but thanks for reading it, if you read all the way...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 10:59:55 am by Kuiper7986 »
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 07:25:09 pm »
Your welcome for reading it all the way :)

The first idea: I love, I played a game like that beforre and it made the battle arena much more intense. People diidn\'t know who was stronger or anything so everyone was terrifyed.
Second idea: I like that idea because I hate it when strong people take off armors to look weak.

I also like the idea of the balancing on pvp. But I would like somthing a little more simple, automatic or somthing.
Lol Internet

navik

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 08:53:23 am »
Well, I think the status-reduction thing isn\'t appropriate.

What if I\'m a terribly strong magician and wants to kill a newcomer to Ylankium who\'s tempering with my patience and doesn\'t want to stop?
Then I would want to force him to stop annoying me or stop mockering about in my business, and my point of view is that a newcomer who doesn\'t know how to protect himself from stronger opponents should feel the consequences of such inappropriate handling.

If then a newcomer wants protection, he can turn himselves to some guild or something, that can offer him/her protection in exchange for his/hers loyalty.

If we all unite in a good gaming society, which I think it will be, then there will be plenty of ways to defend yourselves from stronger opponents without any hardcoded system of \"anti PK\'ing-noobs\".

Everyone can learn and take the consequences of their handling, no system should protect them from doing that. Let them learn from their own mistakes, and let them learn how to find protection and comfort in others...
-\"Let the Chaos fill your body from the heart out to the fingertips, as you learn its true nature... my child...\"
-\"PAIN!\"
-\"Ahh... Yes... Pain... But through this pain, you learn about the source of it too...\"

please visit http://mindsofchaos.tk ...

Armenelos

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 10:56:02 am »
Well you see if someone is bugging you then you politely tell him to stop, if they persist try again, if that still doesnt work you can report it to someone who can do something about it or you can choose to ignore him and go on with your life.

navik

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 07:40:27 pm »
Originally posted by Armenelos
Well you see if someone is bugging you then you politely tell him to stop, if they persist try again, if that still doesnt work you can report it to someone who can do something about it or you can choose to ignore him and go on with your life.

Well, of course, but I was talking about one that I can\'t just ignore and go on with my life, like someone who is disturbing one for the ceremonies in the Minds of Chaos guild for an example.

And in good roleplaying fashion, I shouldn\'t tread easily on any annoying disturbing newcomer who is really messing with mine and others roleplaying experience, then I should contribute to it and slay the newcomer because of the chaotic, dark and perverse alignement of my character...
-\"Let the Chaos fill your body from the heart out to the fingertips, as you learn its true nature... my child...\"
-\"PAIN!\"
-\"Ahh... Yes... Pain... But through this pain, you learn about the source of it too...\"

please visit http://mindsofchaos.tk ...

NIm

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 11:48:41 am »
What if there were NPC police, who were really strong, and imposed penalties on people who were caught pk\'ing of course, police only patrol certain areas...

ZappaZ

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 12:00:40 pm »
If someone is pestering you because he is a noob and dosn\'t understand better (happens all the time) you should atleast have the option of muting his say\'s/yell\'s in the chat window.

But if the game has a obvious newbie help this shouldn\'t be a problem.