Author Topic: Excuse me if it's been said before....  (Read 399 times)

whaledawg

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Excuse me if it's been said before....
« on: December 21, 2003, 04:04:06 pm »
I am new here, but I have an idea that might go a long way to alieviating fear about PKing.

How about something as simple as alignment.  Everyone starts with a neutral alignment, doing good things(quests) tilts it toward good and doing bad things(evil quests, pk\'ing, etc) tilts it toward evil.

The color of your name can show if your good, evil or neutral and to what degree.  Good towns wont let evil in, and there can be evil towns where the guards kill any good char who come near.  

If you kill anyone who isnt evil, it shifts your alignment toward evil.  That gives you a large incentive not to kill, since once your evil everyone else can maul you at will with no consequences for them.  But it also leaves the door open for you to play an evil char if you want to.

The key is consequences, if being an rpk\'er means that within 5 kills I cant go into town anymore I\'m probably going to find another line of work.  Unless I go off with my buddies and start our own evil town, from which we raid the good town and they send ppl over to raid us etc.  It keeps the crafter/social types mostly safe within the walls of their own city, unless a particularly large or powerful group of evil char\'s come into town.

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 11:06:06 pm »
I\'m sorry to be negative, but a jedi-type morale system isn\'t really a large incentive to do good. What is the main problem is idiot people hacking off newbies like they are crab grass. The other problem is people who don\'t want to go adventure, just make money and be safe, wouldn\'t be able to leave the town because they would get hacked by \"serial Pkers\". That type of \"barrier\" for moral incentive would call for a game to revolve around the notion of being powerfull and hiding away in a fortified city. Not this one, as I believe. THough you have a point, how are the evil players or assasins going to do anything with their skills if PK is restricted to a challage message that pops up on the screen? Personally, I am not going to accept a message to stab me in the back.

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 01:21:52 pm »
I know where Whaledawg got the Idea...and I have to agree with Harwne ..this idea is not good...not good at all...If u want to play like that go continue ur \"Dransik\"
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk