Author Topic: Reasons for PK playstyle  (Read 436 times)

Deddarus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Reasons for PK playstyle
« on: February 16, 2004, 03:48:25 pm »
ok.. im not a pvper/pker but i do see some valid arguments for the playstyle

having an established group of pvpers/pkers provides further economic opportunities including:

Bounty hunters
Bodyguards
couriers

Xanaroth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 10:57:13 am »
well, actually a pker is a bounty hunter. they hunt at people and kill them, hoping something nice will fall on the floor, the price.

RussianVodka

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 07:31:36 pm »
Well, withought PKing we, the Mercs, are nothing... Unless we just help people gain exp for $$

Q: How many Planeshifters does it take to expalin a simple concept to a newb?
A: Six. Five to argue on who\'s explanation is right, and Moogie to lock the thread.

The Gumster

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 11:16:43 am »
Originally posted by Xanaroth
well, actually a pker is a bounty hunter. they hunt at people and kill them, hoping something nice will fall on the floor, the price.

thats wrong i think, a bounty hunter is someone like an assassin; he gets payed for killing you, while a PK\'er kills and takes the things the player drops, he doesnt get payed for it. big difference (i think)

you cant see it with your eyes, hold it with your hand, like the wind it covers all land, this thing called love.
It can lift you up never put you down, take your world and turn it all around.
Ever since time nothings ever been found
thats stronger than love

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 11:19:46 am »
Mercernaries don\'t necessarily only conduct attacks or assasinations on a player. A mercernary is usually in most cases is person(s) that are hired to fight in war. For example:
Fireball guild wants to destroy IceCube guild. But Fireball knows its outnumbered, so Fireball guild hires the Mercernary guild (for example). The Mercernary guild will then be hired to fight the IceCube guild but since they are hired under the Fireball guild, would have to take orders from Fireball guild or they wouldn\'t be payed.

Secondly, Pk\'ing provides economic opportunities? That\'s just three minor things. Yes I admit it does provide some economic opportunities, it won\'t make a huge difference as I\'m infering you claim to have said.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"