Author Topic: the game with perfect pk  (Read 894 times)

Marduck

• Traveller
    • View Profile
the game with perfect pk
« on: January 26, 2004, 10:20:50 am »
helbreth is a great mmo which features 2 cities constantly at war with eachother.  in this game, you are able to kill anybody, anywhere in the world, no matter where it is.  however, if you kill someone from your own \"faction\", the word criminal appears above your head for a limited time, and anybody who kills you while it is above your head gets money for doing it.

this is a great system which prevents people from killing every newbie they see, but if they feel like doing some kinds ambush on the side of the road when an enemy comes by then they are still able to do it
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 10:21:10 am by Marduck »

Taldor

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Tinker (traveling merchant)
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclaw
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 10:50:44 am »
Originally posted by Marduck
... 2 cities ...

In Ps ther will be hunderds of guilds, so can\'t compare it very well.
If you would like to kill everybody exept from your own guild, provoke guildwar againt every guild.

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 03:47:55 pm »
Thats Very good idea..then there is a meaning for Bounty Hunters Guild..But Taldor is right there will be hundreds of Cities and guilds so there can be only a newbie killing spree or a massive guild war...

Still the idea is good...
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

Umpapa

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 05:46:17 pm »
This is a great Idea if PK is ever included.   I do not like PK personally, however I think that this would be good for those that wanted to be a bounty hunter.

The Word Bounty could appear above the head of anyone that had a bounty on them.   maybe color code the word by how big the reward is.  

You could post a bounty for some one at the Bounty hunters Guild.
Umpa is an
Archeologist/Treasure hunter  by profession
Seek the path of the greatest rewards, but never forget the efforts and reasons behind why the reward was hidden. Knowledge exist only as long as it is shared.

Deddarus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 03:57:52 pm »
hmmm yes .... free pvp limited to warring guilds would work nicely (might have to have an agreed war status between guilds to stop people declaring war on peacefull, non pvp guilds).... that way its up to the guildmates to protect any noob who is at risk

karakth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 12:04:42 pm »
Mmm but to reflect reality and all, people with a bounty on their head should NOT have it written on top of them. Instead, it is up to bounty hunters to read the guild bullitin board and identify their bounty.
~Karakth, Arcane Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

slabertooch

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 01:49:39 am »
I agree with Karakth, it also adds to the realism if the target doesn\'t know that there is a bounty on him unless they are told.  You could even have the opportunity to pay off the bounty yourself to prevent a PK situation .  
I also agree with Deddarus, but with a small modification.  A new person coming into the game could  decide at any time to join a PvP guild, but once that decision is made they can\'t go back to just PvM.
knowledge is power, but wisdom is a big stick with a bit of poo on the end.

karakth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 06:21:29 am »
Why not? They might find out that the PvPing community is not to their liking and wish to quit. Would they need to make a whole new character just to do this?
~Karakth, Arcane Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

Dalec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 09:34:29 pm »
I agree. What benefit is there to not being able to go back? I think maybe a Good vs Evil vs Neutral war would be a better idea, although it would be quite difficult to have a constant pvp i think. Would cuase to much grief.

The Spork Witch

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2004, 10:30:51 am »
Asheron\'s Call has an interesting PvP system.  You touch an evil shrine and you become PvP.  In order to go back to PvM mode, you must have NOT engaged in any kind of PvP (that means not even one swing or spell targeting a player, unless it\'s a buff, obviously) for 24 hours in-game (not game time, not 24 hours, but 24 RL hours of in-game PLAY), and then to touch a good shrine.  This prevents you from becoming PvP, killing someone, then immediately going PvM to prevent reprisal.

For this game, I think that PvP shouldn\'t be possible if you\'re under a certain level (to prevent the noobs from being slaughtered and generally picked upon.)  After that, there should be a level range that you can PvP with, say 5 levels or so in either direction (not sure how much of a power difference there are between levels yet, I have to get someone to download the client for me to play since I have dial-up).  This makes it so you don\'t have the vets preying upon the lower level characters (a major problem with most PvP, in my opinion.)  In all cases, PvP mode should be an option, if I don\'t want to have to deal with it, it shouldn\'t be forced on me (takes away from the realism which I don\'t like, but it\'s for the best since PvP can really ruin some people\'s enjoyment of the game.  I remember in the old online NWN on AO-Hell many times someone asked for help in a battle, I\'d go in and help, and as soon as the monsters were dead the SOBs would turn around, gang up, and kill me; it really killed some of my enjoyment of the game.)
[COLOR=0000FF]Words corrupt; in thought lies purity[/COLOR]

NikonX

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2004, 09:44:35 pm »
I like the helbreth system too. U can also put Really strong NPCs like guards to attack any criminal in their sight. That way u can attack anyone but knowing that there will be consequeses to your actions. This would give the game a touch of realism i think...
Little angel, go away...
Come again some other day...
Devil has my ear today...
I\'ll never hear a word you say...
He Promised I would find a little solace and some peace of mind...
Whatever. just as long as I don\'t feel so desperate and ravenous.