Author Topic: [GUILD] Prophets Of Chaos  (Read 3620 times)

DemonHunterSK

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Prophets Of Chaos
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 11:59:01 am »
*shakes his head slightly confused*

How do you steal something that is not physically there? If that was the case then we are all thieves by stealing the worlds air but we are not punished for it at all. This is a tricky matter to speak of Shaman but I am glad your trying to stump us although it will never work.  ;D

Shaman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 12:05:02 pm »
I'm not trying to stump you, I'm showing you that you're not exempt from the law because of what guild you're in. You can't steal a piece of jewelry from someone else while in town with the justification that "I'm a Prophet of Chaos! I follow my own rules!", because you'll still have the Hydlaa guards rushing over and bashing your head in with a club if you decide that to be true. :P

DemonHunterSK

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 12:12:53 pm »
 ??? Last time I checked we don't do anything CLOSE to that, the only thing we do is take the law into our own hands when it comes to something dealing with us. For example, some rude noobie comes up and starts insulting you expecting you to praise him and bow down to him. What would you do shrug it off right? Ah, not a PoC we live by the code to never back down. One I like very much even for a non combat oriented soul, no what we do is ask them to appologize if they refuse we ask once more, with a more...perswasive matter; they deny once more. Then the afterlife is goin to be their new friend for their ignorance. Does that make a little more sense? We defend our honor and ourselves, THAT is our own law that we stick to. But we do not go around murdering innocent people or steal from them, no that is wrong and sensless and is not the PoC way.

Shaman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 12:17:57 pm »
But what about this "harmony of chaos", and the schoolyard bully rank and whatnot? To me it sounds like you have these "good" and "evil" people in the guild working together or some such. You have a lot of these explanations, but I can't make sense of any of them.

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 12:34:41 pm »
??? Last time I checked we don't do anything CLOSE to that, the only thing we do is take the law into our own hands when it comes to something dealing with us. For example, some rude noobie comes up and starts insulting you expecting you to praise him and bow down to him. What would you do shrug it off right? Ah, not a PoC we live by the code to never back down. One I like very much even for a non combat oriented soul, no what we do is ask them to appologize if they refuse we ask once more, with a more...perswasive matter; they deny once more. Then the afterlife is goin to be their new friend for their ignorance. Does that make a little more sense? We defend our honor and ourselves, THAT is our own law that we stick to. But we do not go around murdering innocent people or steal from them, no that is wrong and sensless and is not the PoC way.

Make sure to know the difference between IC and OOC actions. No player is allowed to OOCly police the game to "teach" disruptive players a lesson under any circumstances. If you are insulted by a newcomer who does not know any better contact a GM and we will deal with them, just like we deal with bug exploiters and other game rule breakers. Asking for duels or showing them how powerful and worthy of respect you are is an immature way to deal with this and it can be considered harassment and punished accordingly. So don't go vigilante unless you want to be banned. If you're bothered by the actions of another player ask them to stop. If they don't, contact a GM and let us handle it.

On the other hand if the actions were all IC and all the players involved are having fun, knock yourself out.

DemonHunterSK

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 12:39:48 pm »
Aye and thats what we did...they had fun till we started calling him a cowardly worm for denying our challenge but killing another noobie who just had fist to fight with against his blade. *sigh* it's a sad world we live in but someones got to keep the peace.

To be a clan of vigilantes is not a bad then nor against any rules if your character plays as one and in a sense most of us are aside from me who does not combat much although he is growing ever so close do the actions he had for sparing the dwarfs life who killed another.

But Shaman harmony of chaos is the same thing as yin and yang you can't live without the other. Aye, we do have evil people as well as good people but we coexist to better ourselves and seek out the same goal so don't judge us as your not a PoC so you don't know what happens in our ranks last time I checked.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 12:47:54 pm »
I definitely think this guild's initial thread needs an overhaul.

DemonHunterSK

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 12:50:50 pm »
I definitely think this guild's initial thread needs an overhaul.

And not to be rude but I think anyone who doesn't like our guild can piss off. We all play different people and all role play differently. The people in PoC love it due to not being a conformist and being the same knightly goody too shoes guild around or being some rogue thief guild. PoC is a neutral balance and I believe it to be the best guild regardless of what you all think with your judgmental minds.

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 01:09:08 pm »
Aye and thats what we did...they had fun till we started calling him a cowardly worm for denying our challenge but killing another noobie who just had fist to fight with against his blade. *sigh* it's a sad world we live in but someones got to keep the peace.

The RP has to be fun for everyone. Period. If it stops being fun for someone, you need to rethink your strategy. This can be considered an admission of harassment and exactly the kind of attitude you have to avoid: you do not go about insulting people who do not want to duel with you. Why? Becuase then what started IC turns into OOC and it's a mess. Especially if the player you are insulting is new and not familiar with the distinction. How are they supposed to know the difference if they are new? If you insult their character, they will think you are insulting them, the players, and quite frankly it's not clear to me if you are making that distinction yourself. If you have a problem with a player, ignore them. If they are disrupting your RP and ruining your gaming experience, report them but note that insulting other players is a sure way of getting yourself in trouble.

To be a clan of vigilantes is not a bad then nor against any rules if your character plays as one and in a sense most of us are aside from me who does not combat much although he is growing ever so close do the actions he had for sparing the dwarfs life who killed another.

I suggest you read the Game Rules and Policies to make sure you don't step out of boundaries with your RP. There is nothing wrong about roleplaying a lawless character but that does not mean you do not have to respect the game rules.

Now, I have no personal opinion on the purpose or nature of your guild. My observations have nothing to do with that but with enforcing game rules, which seems to be an issue based on what you have mentioned. You and your guild, as well as any other player, must respect them.

DemonHunterSK

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 01:21:35 pm »
Last time I checked we respect the rules Dajoji and never have broken them. Aye, what I said to the dwarf was a little uncalled for due to me also being new to this land and not knowing much if any. However if you were there you would have understood why I called him such...he called the dove a man, something that he would not take back so I threatened his life for his insult.

Knowing that perhaps you could understand why I called him a worm.

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 01:27:05 pm »
Now you know that kind of behavior is not the way to handle things.

DemonHunterSK

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 01:30:17 pm »
Aye and hopefully you can understand the reasoning behind our guild. We don't seek the impossible we are more like a street gang if you want to look at it, a very large and active...and powerful street gang. We abide by the laws of the land but take justice into our own hands where we see fit. At least that is what I have noticed from time to time.

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 02:03:16 pm »
I'm not questioning the reasoning behind your guild. That is not the issue I'm addressing. Feel free to role play that you take justice in your own hands IC, just don't do the same when it comes to enforcing game rules and dealing with players that should be reported or you will get in trouble.

Uldics

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 03:08:55 pm »
My personal opinion if we talk about rules, boundaries and interactions. It maybe sound like wishlist, but thats also why I am now in the guild we are talking about - i get as close to my wishes here as possible.

There is too much good, honourable, protective atmosfere in game. I am not against it, but if everybody is on same side - who is on the other side? If only NPCs, then it is like playing any game without internet or LAN. Weak interactions, or lets say only half of possible dimension for actions. That is why i would like to play IC on the other side. Now it is very hard to do, as it is being restricted (banned f.example) OOC-ly. If the restrictions were IC, then it would be a broader field of play for us. For example - not a GM, but Hydlaa guards (may even be GMs) comes and arrests one and he has to sit in jail for say 40 ingame hours, or his belongings are taken from him and sold on auction. Or he is attacked by Bevon, Moren or other guards when in vicinity. So, so called players-outlaws would hide from NPC guards (which for example change their stats to be just over players).

I would prefer to protect my honor not by whining to a GM (and taking his time), but by kicking the persons (how to name that part?) to the Death Realm, if he stalks me or annoys too much. Completely IC and I see nothing against rules there. Have done that actually once, when marrying thing was implemented. To the DR he went after numerous denies.

Would be great if rules were also separated in IC and OOC. Like IC - stealing, lockpicking, fighting in Hydlaa. OOC - cheating, bug abusing, being rude (but not annoying, at least to ordinary player).

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 04:57:15 pm »
The rules make a very clear distinction between IC and OOC. Unfortunately, in most cases, players cannot keep those separate, so what starts as an IC argument ends up as an OOC problem filled with "he said/she said" crap. It's the way the players handle their issues that determine how messy the IC/OOC situation becomes. All GMs can do is damage control once this has escalated.