Author Topic: Limij  (Read 261 times)

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
Limij
« on: April 28, 2011, 05:48:40 pm »
Little Azuder was a very small Klyros. She wasn't sickly or weak... just small. She watched the bigger Klyros jump and play but she felt out of place so she would usually find an area to play alone.

Azuder loved to fish of course and was always bringing home a bag of fish or crabs. She would often tie a bit of leather sinew between her toe and her fishing pole so that she could spend her time dreaming of the day she would grow up as tall or taller than everyone else.

On one of these days she was lying on her back with her wings spread out softly on the grass when she felt a quick tug on her toe.

Not wanting to leave her dream, she ignored it for a while until the persistence became annoying. Sitting up, she picked up the pole and began to pull in her catch. "It doesn't feel like much" she thought, as she reeled in the line as carefully as she could.

Once she pulled the fish on to the shore she couldn't believe her eyes! It was very small but it had a large horn on its head and its scales were a bright bright blue. Not knowing what to make of this thing, Azuder picked him up, looked closer and noticed the fish changing color! She dropped the fish and stepped back three or four steps. What kind of magic was this?

The unicorn fish sat up on his tail and looked Azuder straight in the eye. Please let me go back home.

"What?!" she cried incredulously.

Let me go back home wee girl. Me mum will have me scales fer this if'n me don't git home directly. Me give ye anything ye ask. Jis make yer wish.

Azuder stared wide eyed at the now bright orange, horned, talking fish. Deciding she must have fallen asleep next to the river again, she thought that she must be dreaming so why not go along with it?

"I wish to be bigger" she blurted.

"Bigger eh?" the fish looked up at the figure before him. He could see that she was serious. "Okay, okay. Close yer eyes then. Close them!"

Azuder closed her eyes and wondered if it would hurt. She felt a warm tickle that started at the tips of her toes and was working its way up fast! Losing her balance, she fell into the grass before she could uncover her eyes.

The unicorn fish had gone but something felt... different. Could it really be true?! She ran to the river and approached the water in a slow flowing place. As her reflection came into view her mouth dropped open further.

The magic unicorn fish had made her bigger! She was much bigger! But unfortunately, her wings were still the same small size. From that day forward, everyone called her Limij, meaning "flys with difficulty".

Limij resigned herself to a life of fishing and dwelling in or near the water. Some Nolthrir swore that she had a glowing tint to her skin if the light of the crystal shone on it just right. If you ever see her, you can decide for your self.

Never trust a unicorn fish.