Author Topic: The College of Mages  (Read 1433 times)

Gravemind

• Hydlaa Resident
  • aka Nhil Sould
    • View Profile
The College of Mages
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:29:12 pm »
 :sorcerer:

*found on a poster in Jayose's Library*

My name is Nhil Sould. As a part of my sales pitch to the Octarchal Society for Progress, I am looking for people to form the running staff of what, with the Octarchy's go-ahead, will become the official College of Mages in Yliakum. Imagine, a centralized institute of magical learning, that would put an end to the shoddy freelance training that is all we have at the moment, a grand repository of all magical knowledge, areas for training and practice, and shops full of magical merchandise.

If we win the Society's competition, we will be able to acquire funding and premises to form the most grand College under the dome. But alas, I cannot do it alone. I need active community members, skilled mages, and [dedicated RPers] to aid in planning and in the final presentation to the Jury - if we make it that far.

If you are interested, leave a note addressed to me with our dear Allelia, with a time and place to contact you. [aka just send me a /tell]

[As far as game mechanics are concerned, this is not a 'guild' and there is no requirement that you leave your current guild in order to join. I myself have no intention of leaving the 'mongers for this ;) ]
There is an alternative, more probable theory that 9/11 was in fact caused by Hanson's 1997 smash hit 'MMMBop.'

Gravemind

• Hydlaa Resident
  • aka Nhil Sould
    • View Profile
Re: The College of Mages
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:21:33 pm »
[Sorry to anyone who liked this idea, lately I've been busy moving and haven't had time to play PS. I'll be around more starting tomorrow, probably]
There is an alternative, more probable theory that 9/11 was in fact caused by Hanson's 1997 smash hit 'MMMBop.'

Shadowcarn Acolyte

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:24:24 pm »
FYI, the plural of Mage is Magi

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 07:15:49 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magi. Mages is correct as well, magi is a rather special term.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:19:45 am by Donari Tyndale »

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 06:24:54 pm »
I will very much like to help you in anything, I really like Rplay, I'm also very active, no very skilled magician but I'm willing to help in everything is necessary

You Can contact me anytime I'm at PS in Guild Chat or via forum
I'm at your disposal and I really like to help
Ummm.... Klyros For BBQ!!!!!

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 07:20:31 pm »
I like the idea!  Be sure to network with guilds that already exist.  They can send representatives to help teach at your school. :)
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Phinehas

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 06:15:35 am »
Well, it's no Athenaeum of Magic, but go ahead and give it a try...

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 06:11:39 am »
I'd like to make a little Dermor Mage's assistant... for a professor or something...

GarethEvers

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 05:55:06 am »
Are there still plans for this Nhil? Tenwyn ( a healer/cw mage of mine) would be interested in this.

Xanthan

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 11:24:47 am »
The Knowledge Seekers offer much of what is discussed here.  If you are interested, find us on-line, or PM a member such as myself.

Xarthen