Author Topic: Run For The Money  (Read 4093 times)

Jarexia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Run For The Money
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:37:06 am »
Stealth, cunning, greed and knowledge of Hydlaa`s sewers.
A game of hide-and-seek knee-deep in the effluent of the city.

I, Kaisa Tuulod, will be holding this game (on the 1st of March, from 1500 GMT) and seek participants for two roles...

Runners. Up to five individuals. You will be set loose within the sewers of Hydlaa with a simple aim: don't get caught for 6 hours (One Real-World hour). The longer you survive, the more money you earn. The prize money starts at zero and goes up by twenty circles every hour (Ten minutes). Get caught and you win nothing.

Hunters. I want ten individuals. You will be responsible for hunting down and catching the runners. Catch a runner and you earn fourty circles. Initially five hunters will be released, another one every hour (ten minutes) after. (After catching a runner send Kaisa a Tell informing her of it.)

There will also be...
Guards. Three guards (already chosen) will prevent runners from leaving the sewers or going to a known hiding place (those in the know, know. Those who don`t, are blissfully ignorant and I hope they stay that way). Any runner leaving the sewers forfeits the game.

How to apply.
Post below stating that you want to be a Hunter or Runner. I`ll accept a few backups for all positions in case of last minute cancellations.

Who`s Who
I`ll be away most of Friday and Saturday (Tokyo-time, anyway). When I`m back I`ll edit in a list of the guards and the chosen runners and hunters, plus reserves. Meet at either of the sewer entrances, preferably ten minutes before the event begins. Kaisa`ll be sending Group invites to the runners beforehand, and making contact with the hunters.

Tag
How do the hunters catch the runners, you ask?
Trade.
If you`re in range and can start a trade: you`ve tagged the runner and they`re out. Hunters: make a shortcut with both /trade and  /screenshot, and post the pic as soon as possible in this thread. That way we know you got them, and that you could actually see the runner (not done through a wall, etc).

Communication
I`m doing all I can to prevent cheating, but there`s no way to stop Tells and Guild chat, so I can only allow it. Kaisa, all Runners and Guards will be in a Group, to keep track of the prize fund as it goes up. If  the Hunters also Group Kaisa keep in touch with a chosen Head Hunter as and when necessary.

Death, Crashes and the like
If a Runner dies, crashes out or has to log off: you forfeit the game.
If a Hunter or Guard dies, crashes out or has to log off: please get back ASAP.
Combat is not a part of this event. It takes place within the city and the law applies. Murders, assaults and the like will be reported to the city guard. Also send me a tell: the perpetrator will be removed from the event.

In addition, the use of the "Next Player" target shortcut can`t be helped. Consider it as the Hunter keeping their eyes, ears and nose open.

EDIT: edited to include the third guard.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 12:20:08 pm by Jarexia »

Dracaeon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • KJ website
Re: Run For The Money
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 08:06:27 am »
Hmm...I think I would like to be a runner.  I dont know much about the sewers :sweatdrop:, but It will be a good way to learn  :detective:.

Wocib

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:58:09 am »
I can join as Hunter
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:05:11 am by Wocib »

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:15:27 am »
A nice idea, but what do you need the BF temple for? The BF is supposed to be secret, so it'd be best if you did not involve it.

Jarexia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 12:17:49 pm »
A nice idea, but what do you need the BF temple for? The BF is supposed to be secret, so it'd be best if you did not involve it.
Well, that`s kind of my point. I don`t want runners going in there. My first thought was: make sure there`s a hunter who can go in there.
But, I`ve now recruited a third guard, who`ll ensure no one goes where they shouldn`t vis-a-vis BF (I`ll edit above).

Caracan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 03:11:08 pm »
I would like to be a runner! how could I enter? look for me in Yliakum as Fimyuki.

By Fimyuki at 2009-02-16

Caracan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 09:44:08 pm »
Ok, now I understand well. I was lost in traslation (Eng-Spn). I want to be a runner. I think it would be funny!

By Fimyuki at 2009-02-16

Kiqamu

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 11:21:49 pm »
Sounds nice!!!
I would like to be a RUNNER

Kiqamu

Jarexia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 08:21:41 am »
All good so far, but we need some more hunters!
If it`s unbalanced I`ll have to adjust the rewards in favour of the hunter(s).

Caracan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 09:38:03 am »
really, I don't mind to be a runner or hunter. If you want I could change my roll and being a hunter.

By Fimyuki at 2009-02-16

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 09:53:31 am »
Count me in, I will be a Hunter ;)
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

Dracaeon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • KJ website
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 02:46:38 pm »
Which sewer entrance is it?  By the winch doors or  behind kadael?

Lhaa

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 04:00:51 pm »
One of my chars will play a Hunter. You'll know which when we get there. ;)

sanxx

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 04:07:21 pm »
i will be a hunter if you still need  them...;)

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 06:15:19 pm »
I will like to be a runner, sound more fun  ;D
Ummm.... Klyros For BBQ!!!!!