Author Topic: ~The Hydlaa Paper~  (Read 882 times)

Nibbor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
~The Hydlaa Paper~
« on: May 07, 2009, 10:06:00 am »
The plaza of Hydlaa is filled with people. All come together for their personal reasons, be it visiting Harnquist or heading towards the arena. Each person has his or her own story, and people are always in search of something new. A table is standing next to a potted plant, and the Kran Valaren Ellerin is standing behind it. The entire establishment is standing next to the fountain, and the Kran shouts throughout the Plaza:

"Buy The Hydlaa Paper, the one and only paper in all Yliakum.."

The Kran has started his personal business and it seems to  be working for him. The Hydlaa Paper exists of News, Ads, Announcements and a Weekly joke. People can put their ad in the paper for a small amount, and it will be seen by all people who buy the paper in Hydlaa. The news will cover everything in Yliakum, with extensive coverage of events and the occasional good deed. Valaren smiles as he looks around..

"Read all about the news in Yliakum, just 200 trias..A new edition weekly"

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: ~The Hydlaa Paper~
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:42:21 am »
A dwarf realizes the existance of the paper... "Nice! sooooo long since we have one!! "
[good idea, hope it last long :)]
Ummm.... Klyros For BBQ!!!!!

Nibbor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 05:29:15 pm »
[OOC]
I'll make sure it does.. Sold on Hydlaa Plaza each Sunday from this day forth. Writers are welcome to send a story in, contact Valaren.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:29:54 pm by Nibbor »

carua

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 09:40:50 am »
[not to take away from your iidea,but this has been done.I found a few editions of an old paper,I'll gladly give them to you if you're on send me a /tell .It might help you with formatting,or atleast see where they went wrong,if they did]

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 10:35:02 am »
* LigH had been a reporter already years ago - so he wonders what this newspaper will do better this time; but he wishes most success.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Nibbor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 12:29:32 pm »
I have also heard of earlier attempts at a newspaper, and I've read several old issues too, we are doing it slightly different, with more investigative reporting, and in my opinion we are closer to the people. We have changed the paper to Sunday from now on, due to the fact that people will be in Hydlaa for the market and such. We have a good feeling about the paper thus far, so we hope to contribute to everyday life in Hydlaa.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 02:11:22 pm »
So we will enjoy to be available for interviews... ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

tympanic

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 06:35:19 pm »
Valaren has returned. A new copy of the Hydlaa Paper will soon be available for purchase...

[OOC: I've had some RL issues, but now I'll be ready to start over again]

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 08:09:22 pm »
lol! I was just thinking what a paper in Hydlaa would be like earlier today. what time are papers being sold?

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 10:33:12 pm »
Meanders over to Harnquist and sees the ongoings with a broad grin.

OOC: Well done, I willl look forward to seeing the papers and how well it does.  :thumbup: