Author Topic: Alchemy suggestions.  (Read 441 times)

Taralallan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Alchemy suggestions.
« on: August 03, 2009, 05:50:11 pm »
i just had a few suggestions for alchemy when it comes out.   first of all, i think that the various potions that people can make can be more of less powerful depending on the quality. just like a q300 weapon does more damage, a q300 potion of healing heals more hit points. i also think that there should be stat raising potions as well, along with magic enhancing potions.

Another idea that i had was for players to be able to make their own custom potions. They can have their own potions books were they can write new directions for a new potion. To change the affects of the potion i think there should be a set number of points you can raise a stat by. So if you have 50 points you can raise a stat by 50 points. I think that the points that are left over can be used to determine how long the potion lasts for. If you raise strength by 50 points the potion wont last very long. If you only raise it by 30, then you have 20 points left over which adds to the time limit. I also think that points can be taken from another stat or magical power to add to the limit. So you can take 20 points from intelligence and you have 70 points to mess with instead of 50. As you go up in levels you can get more points.

(modification: i had some ideas about poisons too. thanks kiou for reminding me  :thumbup:)
I think with poisons, you should be able to mix them in with any drink or food without a prep table. Otherwise it would be a hard job to get someone to drink them. I think that poisons could also be used to take away from stamina or mana as well as health points. Just like the effects of quality i mentioned in the first paragraph, it would probably be a good idea to change how fast a poison drains your victim's health. The higher the quality, the less time a victim has to get their hands on an antipoison.

Just some thoughts, thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:08:12 am by Taralallan »

kiou

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemy suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 06:11:40 pm »
from the dev perspective i think that the points idea might be hard to do.
im sure like everything else there will be quality values on the potions.
where do poisons come in, is that planned to be in alchemy?
if so or even if not so maybe options could be combined with other potions or even weapons.
hum...   ???
http://thewhitecorps.webs.com/
my guild website, still being worked on~
* kiou thinks gms should be elected and reviewed~
"Im very smart in some ways, and much stupider in infinitely more ways"

nightwolf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemy suggestions.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 02:37:43 pm »
Not really agreed with the points thingie. But some herbs should do. The better herbs you add, the more stats/poison/hp it should give. Of course there should be vial that should limit the maximum number of herbs that can be added, unless we want poitons with +999str, +9999 dex, +9999 mana, +9999hp, 9999h duration, etc. Oh, the duration should be afected by the vials.