Author Topic: Posters.  (Read 1394 times)

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Posters.
« on: May 27, 2009, 09:28:19 am »
I didnt see anything like it here in the wish list.
Besides is not exactly a wish but a suggestion.

I discover some time a go that GMs provide the service of  putting some posters around Yliakum for a small fee, the issue is that is somewhat difficult to contact them because only Kerol does it. Well my idea is very simple, althou I dont know how hard would be to put in practice.

The point is to created an NPC who receives the fee, establish the period of time and receive as well the posters. As well as mark the locations the costumer preferred(e.g. type the location/click on it)  This would be place automatically and then remove when the period of time is complete.

I am not sure if this is too hard to accomplished or not, but I think is a good way to do it.
Ummm.... Klyros For BBQ!!!!!

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Posters.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 07:02:01 pm »
You mean posters with artwork or text?

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 07:27:18 pm »
You mean posters with artwork or text?

I think he means books that GMs lock in place.  Because they're locked in place, no one can pick them up.  And the GM will name the book as one would write on a sign.

Having an NPC do it sounds interesting.  My concern would be that having a real person in charge of it means you have someone checking for appropriateness.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 08:01:55 pm »
The town crier calls, "SHALMANESER LIKES FRENCH BAGELS !!"

Joale

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 06:23:01 pm »
Yeah, having someone in charge of it might be better, or posters would be filled with radom stuff about feet, your mom, and everything in between.
"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."- Socrates

Kempeth

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 03:21:29 am »
Well. How about a combination? A NPC could take the orders and a GM could aprove or deny them when he has the time...

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 03:35:55 am »
Well. How about a combination? A NPC could take the orders and a GM could aprove or deny them when he has the time...
That would require a whole new chunk of code and may be considered in the future, at the moment the current system works if a little slowly but hopefully we can speed that up.
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 09:47:13 am »
A better system for players to post announcements ingame has been considered for some time now. It's only a matter of time before we see it implemented.

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 02:02:37 am »
You know, this might seem like a small thing but it really adds to the atmosphere and really helps my laziness to not have to check the forums to know whats going down in the near while. In any case i would suggest that one go for the NPC takes books and keeps em for GM's. I think it would be feasible to put them somewhere in a chest where only GM's can get them out of.

In any case. It would be hilarious to see "Your mom" posters appear every while or so. Even if a little disruptive to RP.
If I stand on the axis of the world will you mind if I say that the world revolves around me ?

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 08:01:55 pm »
There is something in the works that should be ready soon that I think you might like. :)  I know I am looking forward to it.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 05:25:41 am »

Err... isn't that the same as petitioning or contacting the correct GM on IRC and getting it done?

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 07:37:39 am »

Err... isn't that the same as petitioning or contacting the correct GM on IRC and getting it done?

Essentially yes. But it saves the GM the trouble of getting the poster. They just open up the books give a quick read and either they OK it or they toss it in the garbage with a warning to not waste their time to the sender. Saves a little time. Though now that I think about it it doesn't save enough time for the coder to make it worth the while.
Power to the petitions !
If I stand on the axis of the world will you mind if I say that the world revolves around me ?

nightwolf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 11:30:21 am »
What about hiring a npc to yell through the town. Each players should have kinda yeller employe he should be able to putm in each town, for a (not so) small fee of course.

kiou

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 12:17:56 pm »
whats up with all this hiring of npcs???
hire pcs or do it yourself, mmoRPg, so rp it, npcs should be used as little as possible imho
http://thewhitecorps.webs.com/
my guild website, still being worked on~
* kiou thinks gms should be elected and reviewed~
"Im very smart in some ways, and much stupider in infinitely more ways"

Uosdwis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Halcyonic Bulwark Public Forum
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 06:15:00 pm »
...rp it, npcs should be used as little as possible imho

Yeah, go through town yourself yelling... give me the chance to RP telling you to shut up...  ;D
Just giving you what you wanted.
Are you sure you like it?