Author Topic: What PlaneShift is not  (Read 3273 times)

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
Re: What PlaneShift is not
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 09:10:24 pm »
PlaneShift is not as bad as some people make out.

Yeah, I saw this couple making out on a park bench, they were like eating each other's faces. It was bad, really bad. Then I came home and played Planeshift, which wasn't as bad.

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

BLERGHtrue

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2009, 07:41:54 am »
PlaneShift is not as bad as some people make out.

Yeah, I saw this couple making out on a park bench, they were like eating each other's faces. It was bad, really bad.

that is hilarious.

Planeshift is not your overpriced 7/11 pie.
It's yo mama's homemade. The secret ingredient is love.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 07:59:50 am by BLERGHtrue »

Cayle

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2009, 10:33:42 am »
kaerli and verden:  Your arguments are ignoratio elenchi because they aren't really directly addressing anything that is on this thread.  Your digression is that PlaneShift is closed content, and as it stands whether anyone thinks that's an issue in the first place is subjective in nature. 

You can make your argument in plain English instead of convoluting it with a gratuitous Latin term.

In the strictest sense, PS is not open source.  The engine is open source and the content is not is cut and dry (objective).  You can fork the engine.  You can't fork the content, nor can you reuse it in another project.  Whether this matters is subjective, but the definition of open source is not.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2009, 08:59:13 pm »
Cayle:  Thanks for not reading the OP and for failing to really refute anything here.  Ignoratio elenchi indeed; what you or I say or think is irrelevant here because the argument is what the press says.  My claim is that the press does not use the extreme definition of "open game", and I don't think they really give a damn about open content to begin with.

To illustrate my point, I will give another one.

PlaneShift is not a dead game
PlaneShift is a game that refuses to die.  As per Something Awful's review:

"PlaneShift has plagued the internet for quite some time and I even remember trying to play it many years ago when I was a kid. [...] Surprisingly, unlike most games, mods, and projects on the internet (even the seemingly good ones), PlaneShift has refused to die."