Author Topic: Be careful!  (Read 724 times)

aladedragon

• Traveller
  • Elhorien
    • View Profile
    • La cueva del tigre
Be careful!
« on: April 27, 2013, 04:38:31 pm »
This message is to one who has taken some of my potions in the Gugrontid Market:

You don't need to take it in the shadows while I prepare my shop. As I wrote in my book, if you don't have tria to buy just Role Play it.... and you may have one for free. Is the most stupid action, steal what you can get for free. So enjoy this near 20 finest potions. I hope you choke.

Signed Elhorien.
Elhorien

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Be careful!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 01:01:28 am »
Maybe it were potions that increase intelligence?
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 11:36:58 am »
We will find the thief and turn him over to the guards!

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 02:52:17 pm »
Eh.. this is the complaint dept, not roleplaying forum. I take it this was more ooc swiping.
As I understand, if you drop something ( and unguard or walk away), anyone else can just swipe it.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 11:03:59 pm »
Keep your stuff close and guarded. The one who stole your items probably wasn't looking to RP.

And if you do want to RP a theft, send your victim an OOC tell asking the player's permission first, it's good RP etiquette.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

aladedragon

• Traveller
  • Elhorien
    • View Profile
    • La cueva del tigre
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 12:38:48 pm »
Well is not only RP.... Can someone explain me how someone can pickup objects guarded by me while I'm online near the item?, Is the thieft system enabled?, are there some acounts privilegies to do that?, can the players be safe in the market day?, is a bug to be checked?. There is a lot of occ questions to be resolved.
Elhorien

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 01:10:43 pm »
Yes, there is a recent thread of mine which noted that un-guarding is unreliable as well. Putting items down that are intended to be taken are then found guarded on subsequent logins.

- Nova

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 06:57:36 pm »
  In reguard to what Nova said, it is still happening. My char crashed out a couple of times yesterday, and the food and drink which she put out were -unguarded-. Made sure of that. Before Crash. Upon return, she found out later that everything was guarded ... again. Makes a celebration a bit difficult.

Anyone else having this problem lately?

Sanrai   :sorcerer:
my name is Sanrai ;)

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 04:02:14 am »
  In reguard to what Nova said, it is still happening. My char crashed out a couple of times yesterday, and the food and drink which she put out were -unguarded-. Made sure of that. Before Crash. Upon return, she found out later that everything was guarded ... again. Makes a celebration a bit difficult.

Anyone else having this problem lately?

Sanrai   :sorcerer:

I suspect the problem has nothing to do with the guarding code but instead with loosing packets before crashing or faulty connections.

Mouli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 11:32:51 am »
some time ago, while selling stuff to a merchant, I dropped on the floor a sack full of my best collected bows, and for some reason a player (Tarel) was able to pick it up, ran to harnquist and sold them all...
I didnt crash at all and could see the message in the system tab...

Adios the best bow i have collected for years.
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians...

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 09:29:57 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that. I'd ask the new players to return items if they happen to pick them up while they're unguarded, but I'm fairly sure they're not reading these threads...
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa