Author Topic: Lighting Issues.  (Read 951 times)

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Sovereign, The Bloodstone Brethren
    • View Profile
Lighting Issues.
« on: January 21, 2014, 05:09:57 pm »
Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60 GHZ
Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series

------------

Texture Quality: Highest
Shaders: Highest
Particles: High
Enable Weather.
Enable Shadows.
Enable HDR.
Color Depth: 32
Anti-Aliasing: 2xQ
Anisotropic Filtering: 2x
Background Loading: Models

------------

I have a problem with certain areas of the gaming world where there is no lighting. Brightness correction does very little to alleviate the issue (if anything.). There's often times where my screen is pitch black and I can't even see my own character. The climb to the Bronze Doors Eagle Fortress is a real problem area for me - I've died so many times slipping off a cliff in the dark. There's also Laanx Dungeon and even in parts of Kada-El's. I can provide screenshots if necessary.

bilbous

Re: Lighting Issues.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:39:46 pm »
Maybe you need to use the gamma correction function of the catalyst driver or dial down your settings.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 02:27:10 am »
Yes, the same old issue. The "brightness correction" in-game only changes the brightness of the "Crystal" lightsource; where it doesn't shine, it doesn't change anything.

By the way, enabling HDR possibly even counters this effect, you get even less brightness difference. And the "unlit" areas are still not affected as you would like.

The only way so far to see better in the dark is the gamma control in your graphic driver. It may be annoying to change each time before and after playing. I hope you can find a way to automate it.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 08:04:07 am »
I've dialed down the settings with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic filtering in the graphics specifications listing and have been fiddling around with other aspects in other attempts but nothing has helped.

I've actually encountered a new problem. It's never happened to me before until today. Everytime my camera pans and it hits a building... it goes through it, and my screen goes completely black. No matter how much I rotate my character or change the camera angle view, nothing happens. I have to log out and log back in again and it's virtually impossible for the camera to not hit a building when you're running around Hydlaa.

At the moment, I'm unsure how to adjust the gamma settings of my card. I don't see the option in the Catalyst Control Center.

EDIT: I've solved the new issue and it's due to the fact that my laptop has Switchable Graphics between Intel HD 4000 and the AMD Raedon 7600 M Series. PS doesn't like my optimized AMD graphics card so I can only play the game using the standard desktop card.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:42:50 am by Ulfer »

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 08:46:23 am »
in my windows 7 it is a slider bar at the bottom of the color section, part of advanced video color.

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 10:58:17 am »
I'm still learning about 'Switchable Graphics' but I think now that I'm not optimizing PS with my Raedon card, I should use my Intel HD 4000 graphic options?

However, hmm, that's strange. I don't have that option:

I don't seem to have it on the Intel card either:

Advanced option shows colour correction. Confusing :D

At the moment I'm running around with a flame torch in PS. If anyone has a solution or workaround, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks for replying, guys.

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 01:22:48 pm »
Ulfer, try changing your shaders to medium, that may help -some-. It's done in the graphics part of the ps launcher.  But I too have a hard time "inside" certain areas.  Good luck!

Sanrai   :sorcerer:
my name is Sanrai ;)

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 07:21:43 pm »
I had a similar problem where places like the DR were totally pitch black. 

If you're using the "Low" shaders setting, try bumping it up to "Medium," or if your system has trouble with that, go down to "Lowest" (which, from what I understand turns off lighting and particle effects entirely).
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 10:52:40 am »
There is video and then there is 3D rendered options. Make sure you're looking at the right one.

If you have switchable graphics, hopefully you are not using the Intel card.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows