Author Topic: Slightly different returning/logon problem  (Read 1022 times)

John Barleycorn

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Slightly different returning/logon problem
« on: April 02, 2014, 10:25:40 am »
Hi! I have this old account and I just recovered the password for it. I have downloaded the game client and am ready to pop in and play!

However, it appears that this account is not yet connected with the game and the client does not accept it. It is entirely possible that I took a wrong turn somewhere and missed that the game needs an account separate from what I use right now for typing this. Also it was no more than an hour or so ago and the game database might not recognize it as a valid login quite yet.

Any ideas?

I have searched and noted the my plane site - but I have no character to resurrect as this was many, many moons ago. No doubt the character was purged and in any case I simply wish to try this out and re-learn it again.

*recovered account a couple of hours back
*no characters to revive, just wish to log in

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Slightly different returning/logon problem
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 10:38:10 am »
Well new accounts need to be created here - http://www.planeshift.it/account/create - which is different to that you use on the fourm and can have different log on details to the game if you do not make them the same.

If you are trying to find an old account it could be possible you need to log into MyPlane ( http://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/ ) so that the server has your password in the newer encrypted version. MyPlane uses the same login details as you use to log into the game.

You can also find someone like myself or one of the GMs on IRC and you can give them your e-mail address and we can check if there is even an account in the DB that uses that e-mail for you.

John Barleycorn

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:42:51 am »
So it was as simple as a separate account needed for the game =)

Good. Yes, I saw that bit about myplane but...anything I may or may not have done 2004 is no longer relevant, regardless of the likelihood of some character residue still remaining smeared across the bottom of the database.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 11:35:15 am »
Believe me, so much has changed ... even if you recall some parts, they look different now. Not to mention behave.

So — welcome, newcomer. Enjoy the tutorial before you return to Hydlaa.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:55:07 pm »
Its kind of funny, John Barleycorn returning in the spring and all. It sort of reminds me of the Wicker Man.

John Barleycorn

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 01:04:15 pm »
Its kind of funny, John Barleycorn returning in the spring and all. It sort of reminds me of the Wicker Man.

I suspect that back in the day it was majorly influenced by a Jeff Noon novel - Pollen.

And thank you most kindly for the welcome, currently figuring out how to move to target/attack and loot without too much clicking. I am at a keyboard a lot during the day and it's always nice when a game can have less clicks. At the moment I move, click to see options, click attack option, click to see options again and select looting, in loot interface I then click once for each item present. I went back here to search for optional ways to configure this in a manner that I automatically move up to mob and attack and subsequently loot the lot alternatively click to loot but only once. Brave beginnings!

EDIT I posted this query in a possibly more appropriate section.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:45:20 pm by John Barleycorn »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 03:33:25 pm »
I suspect that back in the day it was majorly influenced by a Jeff Noon novel - Pollen.

Then you may possibly enjoy a quest called "Pollen of Haos".

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Moja Aere

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • TheOne Guild Info
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 04:40:57 pm »
\\o//
Then you may possibly enjoy a quest called "Pollen of Haos".
[… but I warn you: sadly, no quests about (vurtual) feathers yet... :) ]

[Well, whatever... have fun playing PS, John Barleycorn!]