Poll

Is the inclusion of the "Rp Covenant" and new tips on rping sufficient for you?

Yes
No
Snorks

Author Topic: Rp Rules?  (Read 4412 times)

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Rp Rules?
« on: December 19, 2009, 11:04:55 pm »
so let's see how you feel.

kiou

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Rp Rules?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 11:27:34 pm »
snorx because i know not of this rp covthang
http://thewhitecorps.webs.com/
my guild website, still being worked on~
* kiou thinks gms should be elected and reviewed~
"Im very smart in some ways, and much stupider in infinitely more ways"

Rhumdor

• Game Masters
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 01:58:33 am »

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 02:04:16 am »
Snorks, because honestly, I'm done caring. The forums, as we all know, are not an accurate representation of the actual ingame community. There is considerably less whining, and considerably more playing ingame. Not that the whining is ungrounded, it usually has some sort of basis in reality, but it compounds to the point in which I want to slap everyone for being annoying and stupid.

Now, let the whining commence!

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 03:40:10 am »
No.

Added: I recall my decision, I see that enforcement on bad RP would be ruinous, but enforcement on blatant non roleplay can be done with player reporting, as the lack of manpower is painfully obvious.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:07:04 pm by bloodedIrishman »

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 04:07:27 am »
meow!

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 04:16:04 am »
I voted no, but I think that as a whole we're closer to being sufficient than before.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 04:38:54 am »
No, because rules without enforcement have no effect.

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Rigwyn

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 05:38:20 am »
I voted no for the following reasons:

1. The rules say nothing about godmoding ( If they do then I missed something or failed to find it )
- I think they should also state what godmoding is.

2. The rules need to be put in a very prominent place  - perhaps on the splash screen in very condensed form

I think it would be good perhaps to have two sets of rules:

A. GM-enforced rules
 -  such as harassment, gaming the system, etc..

B. Player-enforced rules
 - godmodding, ic/ooc confusion, poor rp in general

I don't think GM's should be burdened with the task of enforcing rules that pertain to RP. If someone godmods, says they are a pink and purple dragon, or confuses ic and ooc info or uses ooc info with the excuse that they are psychic then players can teach them, deal with them or ignore them.  In this case the "player enforced rules" could be cited by them to support their argument.

If a player is flat out disruptive and its not just bad guy RP then yes, perhaps a GM could be asked for help.

It might also help to find out which rules people want added.

Just to make one thing clear - I do not support RP-NAZI-ISM, Eliteism, or /ignoring players for trivial reasons.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:34:29 am by Rigwyn »

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 11:04:33 am »
They ARE in a very clear place, every new player will see them and these are the guidelines the community approved.

Enforcement depends on people reporting bad behavior, we can't be everywhere.

Godmodding is ALREADY included in the tips. Guidance is already a help. We don't have the time or people-power to enforce everything.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 11:28:30 am by Xillix Queen of Fools »

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 01:34:40 pm »
I was kind of no and snorks (but I chose no) because I learned that the RP Covenant was there. But I usually skim cause I have a short attention span. And I don't really remember it so.....

Snorks.

Orgonwukh

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 04:58:07 pm »
Yes - 23 (53.5%)
No - 8 (18.6%)
Snorks - 12 (27.9%)

Only posts from people who voted for 'no' or 'snorks' until now.
I voted for 'yes', because it is a good start in my opinion. We will have to wait and see if more needs to be done.

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 08:17:07 pm »
I voted snorks, because this is just a stupid game, and anyone losing sleep over bad RP might have some issues...
Censorship FTW.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 08:31:37 pm »
I voted snorks, because this is just a stupid game, and anyone losing sleep over bad RP might have some issues...

Well said.

It's just a role playing game, with the development team attempting to set rules for role playing. It's so stupid.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:35:22 pm by bloodedIrishman »

Raekh

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 10:13:07 pm »
Since my account is still alive;)..

I did not vote, since I am about to lose interest about thinking PS is not really as much focused on RP as it claims to be - this statement of Vannaka's however, I think is one of those rather (meanwhile) stereotype ones regarding the particular question, worthless and without any substance. Of course I would vote for Yes, because if I would look around for some pure roleplaying game (which is why I am here in the first place) I would like to find myself in an environment that it was described to be. I would be shaking my head if I was in a strategy game whereas the same game was advertized to be the one and only unique and special one first person shooter!
No, I am not losing my sleep. I want to find a roleplaying game which provides with the atmosphere that was announced. In contrary, looking for another MMORPG I might be satisfied as I find it in PS right now, but then again graphics cant stand the competition. Before I would be losing my sleep I would just move along to another game, of which there are plenty. And, honestly and maybe without being able to not sound rude, your attitude, Vannaka as a PS regular, makes me wonder if PS really is the type of mature and reasonable RPG that I am looking for.

Xil you might hate me and I give a shit, but really.. reconsider "your" game's definition and your strategy, saying: Hell yes, include a "mandatory covenant". Back in the days there were less people knowing about PS, and the ones involved experienced a less defined setting for they created groupings like kingdoms (of purrty) or empires (of the dark) - no offense meant, all these people are or were great, awesome and whatnot, but times changed, things evolved and wheeled forth. Setting is more detailedly defined now, as it will continue, and more people apparently are attracted. And with each more single player attracted you might want to question the motivation - why do people want to join? Because it simply is free?
When I joined years back I read PS was striving for becoming a very special game, a roleplaying game. What has become of it nowadays? Graphics improved a bit, content was added a lot.. but not a single hint changed about its RP component. Nowadays there are even dead fried fish talking, officially approved, like in some hilarious kiddies anime series.

If my vote would bring any change towards PlaneShift becoming really RP focused, I would vote for Yes.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:21:43 pm by Raekh »