Author Topic: The Race for Glory  (Read 504 times)

Wolferz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
The Race for Glory
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:46:15 pm »
 \\o// The Race for Glory will be held on the 28th of April 2013 at 20:00 GMT.  \\o//

The race will start at Govell near the Laanx temple in Hydlaa and end at Zhaomal inside the Bronze Doors Fortress.
Along the way there will be checkpoints where one must read a book of intructions and cary them out before proceeding to the next checkpoint. This may include collecting certain items which must be held till the end of the race.

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place along with participation rewards for all who take part in the race.

The rules for the race are as follows:
-Mounts are allowed are it is expected that most racers will use them although if you wish to run on foot that is also an opption.
-All inventory items (except crafting books and glyph sacks) must be emptied before the race begins
-All who enter the race must wait in the holding area, that will be marked, untill the race begins. A check will be performed there to ensure inventories are empty.
-Anyone leaving the holding area, after being checked and before the race begins, will be disqualified.
-At each checkpoint there will be a book which must be read and its intructions followed to complete each task.
-Items required to complete a task must be gathered by the racer himself.
-Racers are not allowed to use storage at any time during the race.

If you have any questions feel free to contact Xarock or Menille of Wayward Kingdom.

I hope to see you at the race, and may the fastest one win!   :thumbup:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:22:35 pm by Wolferz »

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: The Race for Glory
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 11:57:17 pm »
This sounds like great fun- good for all of you/us! RR will try to be there, and of course, if he is there, he will win!  :thumbup:

Ride em Domeboy!
:sweatdrop: R
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 12:20:27 am »
Just to be clear, this is a mount race right? Nevermind, no one would run that far on foot. However, I never got around to that getting a mount bit. :whistling:

Wolferz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 02:10:09 pm »
Yes, it is intended to be a mounted race. If you dont realy care about winning and just want to take part in it without a mount that is alright. I am pretty sure you will be able to complete it unmounted.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 07:20:10 am »
I hope it won't require too many map changes, or the winner will be the one with the most luck to avoid client crashes, or with the fastest SSD to load the material...

But if it also involves the knowledge where to get what, "educated" people will have their chance as well.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty