Author Topic: The Jester's Nightmare  (Read 211 times)

Glaciusor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
The Jester's Nightmare
« on: April 15, 2012, 07:58:01 pm »
(Mari made me post this >.>)

Background: This is part of the recent monster RPs, this is a sub-RP inside the RP fight just outside the Red Crystal Den with some black, shadow-like thing that erupted from the body of a small child. The monster was hit with a magical blast and sent flying towards Masaro who is holding it trying to do it harm. The monster has an eye in its throat which, if seen...

Masaro continues to try to hold the creature, digging his claws in as deep as possible if at all possible, but makes the mistake of looking at the creature's face.

The Jester shuts its jaws, finally catching somone in its gaze, he stands up, well more hops up, with Sarras and Mariana clinging to its back

Mariana glares at Herihi's red glow, feeling the heat from her. "Woman. If you cast it I swear to you I will END it. Now is not the time for that spell!" She snarls in her direction, and then, pushing herself towards, tries to snap her jaws right into the back of its neck. Digging for a trace of spinal chord. And trying rather hard not to vomit.

Masaro falls limp on the pavement having met the creature's eye with his own, completely unconscious

(While the fight outside rages on...)

The Jester's nightmare puts Masaro in a small hut, dark and forbidding, a waning fire in its centre, and Masaro a small child. Dark demonic shapes flit in the darkness around the flames.

Masaro looks around the scene wondering what just happened, looking around for his friends and finding nobody but the demonic shapes. He shivers a little bit, scared. He notes the fire going down and tries to find something in the hut to fuel it with.

The hut changes then, its all on flames now, and a voice, a womans voice pleads "Masaro, run. Run Masaro!"

Masaro shivers at the sound of the voice, something seeming weird being called by that name but he doesn't quite pick up why. He does however remember a very evil cackle; being caught in a hut that's on fire bringing back a very deep rooted memory. He flees from the cabin to get out of it, afraid to be burned alive, but stops before he gets too far away, afraid of the darkness.

The cabin is burning behind him, but only darkness and shadow surround it, a void as empty as the abyss surrounds the island of the flaming cabin. But someones standing, shining white in a cloak, a cloak of the Crystal Way.

Masaro shakes his head, trying to peace together what's going on, memories that seem just below the surface. For some reason he sees the person in the cloak and is tempted to run into the darkness instead, but he doesn't know why. Instead he just sits down on the ground and starts crying out, "Mother!"

The nightmare changes now. Now Masaro stands, full grown, before a cabin. The sun shines, and grass and flowers abound around the rustic cabin. A faceless Enki woman stands at the door, holding out open arms for him. He finds flowers in his right hand

Masaro smiles a bit at the scenery, not really finding it at all weird that everything changed so dramatically, and he walks towards the woman and hands her the flowers, "I got these for you... do you like them?"

(In the real world...)

Herihi goes over to check on Masaro after it becomes obvious the thing is dead and gone. She checks his pulse and breathing first
Icerra says: eep
Masaro still lays on the ground after what happened with the creature, he fidgets a little, almost like he's having a nightmare, then stops.
Mariana grimaces at the sticky goo that oozes down to the ground. She wipes her muzzle on the back of her arm, and turns around slowly, walking towards where Masaro lies on the ground.
Sarras starts walking toward the corpse, or what's left of it, her ink-laden sword dragging on the cobblestone.

(Back in the nightmare...)

The woman nods, smiling "Oh yes, theyre lovely Masaro. And look, your all grown up. Im so...". She is cut short, as a dagger protrudes from her belly, a man stands behind her, tall and smiling, with perfect white teeth, he hugs her from behind as he wrenches the knife in her body.

Masaro's fur bristles at the man and he drops the flowers, "Putrid spawn of a consumer" he says as the man wrenches the knife into the woman's body. He looks ready to attack.

The man pushes the now bleeding woman at Masaro, she falls, body flopping.

(Real world...)

Mariana slowly crouches down towards the menki and attempts to rest her paw on his chest. "Shadow," she says softly. "Shadow, friend, can you hear me?"

Mariana just nods at Sarras, slipping the shard in her opposite paw into a pocket. She continues to try to speak with Masaro, focussed on the kore. "Shadow?" She repeats. She tries to shake him.

Masaro tenses up a little bit in his sleep, but nothing anyone does to him seems to affect him,

Herihi looks up to Mariana "He's asleep is all....though apparently it might be
magical sleep."

Mariana snorts. She shifts herself so that she's straddling the kore, grabs a fistfull of his collar, pulls him upwards so he's half-raised off the round...and slaps him across the face. HARD.

Masaro doesn't react to the slap, though will probably have a sore face after that. He's completely out of it.

Mariana flicks her ears forwards. She slowly bends down and tries to place her forehead against the menki's brow. Her eyes close, and she begins to breathe very softly.

(However, Mariana's attempt to speak with him, both with words and Azure Way fail. His mind is not there, The Jester has it within his own even if it physically has been defeated.)

Sarras says, "I think the thing got to him with his weird-looking eye..."

Sarras states the obvious, "Magic."

(Back in the nightmare...)

Masaro growls a bit at the man, instinct telling him to deal with the one with the weapon first like he's always done, he just stands, glaring at the man waiting for the man to act, knowing he has a blade.

The man twirls the blade, laughing "Mmmm, such a sweet woman. Wish i could have tasted her a bit longer."

Masaro growls a bit more, "Only thing you're going to be tasting is that blade going down your throat." He moves to kick at the hand twirling the dagger hoping to knock it out of that hand, or at least distract the assailant.

Masaro's kick, so full of strength misses, the man and the cabin are farther now, just out of his reach. And, a demonic form, looking alot like Masaro himself, comes behind him, reaching out, it embraces him, ripping its claws along its chest.

(Back in the real world...)

Masaro's chest suddenly looks like it's being ripped across by claws and begins bleeding.

Herihi watches in shock as his chest begins to bleed "Uh......get him out of it Mariana!"

Mariana reels back, eyes widening. "Sarras!" She snaps. "Get cold water! Holy Sh..." She grabs at Masaro again, uncaring as she becomes soaked with blood. "SHADOW!" She screams, shaking him. "SHADOW! WAKE UP NOW!"

Sarras drops her sword, startled by the yelling. "I-I don't know where to get cold water?!"

(Down the ramp in that big fountain thing. Back in the nightmare...)

Masaro screams out in pain at the slash, attempting to bring his own claws across the face of the form in a counterstrike

Masaro's claws hit the demon in the face, but instead of daming it, the marks appear on his own face, as if he struck himself.

(Back in reality...)

Masaro gets a set of slash marks across his face now.

Herihi says: "I don't think cold water will wake him....."

Mariana continues to shake Masaro, frantic. "C'MON SHADOW!" She screams into his face. She prepares to try and slap him again, but stops. She reaches out her paw and holds it over the menki's chest. "Herihi, do you have a lightning glyph on you?"

Herihi nods "Of course...what are you thinking?"

Herihi says: "You know someone with azure might be able to go into wherever he is and bring him back."

Sarras's eyes widen. "Are you going to shock his heart?!" She comes around behind Masaro and bends over to study him. "He doesn't look dead. If he's not, don't do it. Or you'll damage it. And he could die the True Death."

Mariana smirks, and looks back at Masaro. There is a coldness in her eyes. "You don't get to die on me," she says. She presses her paw against his chest and electricity forms, activated from the glyph on Herihi's pouch. "Trust me," she says. With that. She presses downwards, and tries to send a shock through the menki's system.

(Shadow is still in the dream world...)

The demon speaks "Come now. Friiiiiiiiend. You want strength. Strength you laaaaaacked. You failed her. She diiiiiiiiiied. Come now little booooooooooy, weep for me. WEEP." it plunges into Masaro.

Masaro yells out in pain and backs away, not sure what just happened. He stays back trying to observe what's going on around him, bleeding out. "I won't weep for you. I won't scream... I won't scream for you!"

Spinning shapes surround Masaro, the woman bleeding, the man smiling, himself a demon, friends and foes, in forms of death and glee, clawing at him from all sides.
Masaro cries out in pain at the demon clawing around him, and in horror at all the things flying around him. He yells out, "This can't be happening, this can't be happening, this can't be real... "

(Back in the real world)

Mariana draws her paw back and scowls darkly, not seeming to see any effect. Instead, she begins slowly cauterizing the worst of the injuries on his chest. She says hoarsely, "We keep him alive until he can find his way out of it. If I know shadow, he will. Herihi, start healing."

Masaro doesn't react to the shocking, but does get claw marks beginning to spiral around him.

Herihi places her hands on the wounds and healing them as they appear

Masaro wakes up screaming, "This isn't real!" and blinks for a bit

Mariana is so shocked by the sudden movement that she falls off the menki backwards.

Herihi moves back in suprise as he wakes up so suddenly

Mariana rubs at her backside and stands, offering her paw to Masaro

Herihi stands up, surveying the mess from the fight

Masaro reaches up weakly to take the paw, his face, chest, and all around him slashed

Mariana looks at Herihi. "Cast a flash on him." She looks at Masaro and smiles. "Now, don't you protest. Take it easy." She moves around to position herself under the menkis arm.

Masaro shivers a bit, curling up and nodding, saying quietly, "I've no right to complain about anything after... after...."

Herihi nods and casts a healing spell again on Masaro, white light sorrounding him.

Mariana's brow furrows in concern, pulling him closer to her. "Hey, easy Shadow. Easy." She moves to stroke his ears gently. "Easy, it's alright."

Masaro shivers at the healing flash, his wounds closing up. He doesn't look like he enjoyed that but, then again, it doesn't look like he enjoyed anything since he passed out.

Herihi looks to the entrance of the RCD and grimaces at the scorch marks by the doors. "Well I know I"m not going to be the one who tells Dannae about this....And since it seems the danger is over I should be on my way. Though Mariana, Taya and I have were beginning to try and find out what is doing this. We did get a basic bit of information from samples she got from the last creature. I know we don't get along well but it might be a good idea if all of us poor our resources to find out who is behind this."
"This might seem odd, but you should get a battle metronome."

Timil Deeps

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: The Jester's Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:09:35 am »
 :thumbup:
Wow, cool RP! I like the shifting perspectives, and how the action in the dream affects the waking world. I guess it reminds me a little of Inception.  ;D

Thanks for posting this!  \\o//

~Timil

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
Re: The Jester's Nightmare
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 10:08:35 pm »
Mas, thanks for directing me to this post. It's a good read and ties in well with how you act in PS. Excellent work sirrah.
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell