Author Topic: [Thieves Guild] Poisoned Blood  (Read 815 times)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
[Thieves Guild] Poisoned Blood
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:17:33 am »
Poisoned Blood

Purpose:

Hello, my darling associates. I wish I could tell your our name is some sort of dramatic slogan. That it is an unyielding testimony to how completely evil and corrupt we plan to be, how many people we're going to drug, kill, brutally maim, and so on. I'm sure plenty of you are into that sort of thing. Bad upbringings, daddy didn't hug you enough, mommy never complimented your looks. And I'm certain that your slow development into an angst-riddled sociopath is simply fascinating.

However, if you're looking for a guild in which you can skip about slaughtering at random and then run home to me hoping I'll wash off the blood so the guards don't catch you, keep dreaming. I'm not interested in deranged serial killers. Attention whores who stir up trouble for no apparent goal or reason, inviting the law to come down upon them with wolf whistles and loud cat calls. Oh no, darlings. I'm afraid this is a business association. We're here for the tria. The profit. The money. We're here for slow and careful planning, the bounty hunting that the haughtier ones won't dare to touch, the swift-moving pick pockets, the reputation killing that those wanting might not be devious enough to do themselves. We're here to be a collective mind, a unit.

There is a drink I've always loved, a communal pot of sweet and bitter. It can range from “'ey there pardn'er, I didna' know yah had a twin!” piss drunk to feeling slightly buzzed, but that bit isn't terribly relevant. The giant cauldron is filled with red, ruddy punch, and the party-goers get together to sweeten it with the wonderful edge of liquor, different kinds from an array of colorful flasks. I suppose you could say that this drink is our slogan, our proverbial mascot. The world's been just a little too sweet lately, too sedate, too stable. I'd like to throw some fun in there. Some good old-fashioned boozed-up poison. Have ourselves a little poisoned blood.

Are you interested in a collaboration, oh curious reader? Does something inside of you stir up itching at the prospect? Do you feel the excitement coursing through? Then why not try your hand at something just slightly less than conventional?

If you're smart, you'll know where to start looking.

Take care lovelies.

Out somewhere where the rabble tend to gather is a scroll:

Well well well lovely. Would you look at yourself? You must feel pretty smart right now. You've found it.

Now all you need to do is write your name down, whether it be what mother gave you, or simply what you'd like to be called. Take a drink from those bowls over there, and trust me, we'll get back to you.

I'm so glad you're interested in our little association. Not to worry. This isn't set in stone. Just a way for us to give you want you want; more information. Be bold, be daring. I do so admire gumption.

[Below this is a large portion of blank space, left presumably for the purposes of name signing.]

The Bowls of Punch:

They look to be magically enchanted with blue way, meant to keep them fresh, the contents crisp and unmolded. The scarlet punch is cool and sweet to the taste, though it has the notable sharp edge of liquor.

[There is nothing about the punch that is poisoned. Your character will suffer no ill effects from drinking it, unless they down it all, then they'd probably be drunk. There will be twenty four hours' time to contact the character. After that, another drink would be necesary (as we'd assume it's been passed from your system.)]

[OOC NOTES:]

Leadership

1. Bartender: (The loose “leader” of the guild, who listens to collaborations, and forms ideas based upon contribution. After all, no den of thieves is going to hold a council of elect. A station earned through wit and skill, and likely a considerable amount of underhandedness.)

2. Bouncers: (The eyes and ears of the bartender, or those eager to betray them as they see fit. Working in tandem to keep things running smoothly, inviting the profit in, and knocking the riffraff out.)

3. Waiters: (Moving through the ranks and headed for glory, they've proven themselves to be people of skill. Their job is to keep jaws open and moving, both with chewing and drinking, and ideas spurned from a liquor-loosened tongue. They must keep a clean and well-liked image, because who is going to let them in on the latest news if they do not?)

4. Entertainers: (Their talents are many and wide, but a lot of them involve sleight of hand, for obvious reasons. Keep the eyes on the stage, and the brawling to a minimum, with large or paltry tricks. No small task, let's keep the bar, and the guild, well oiled.)

5. Busboys: (Not to be overlooked, these folks receive orders to the charge of cleaning up, whether that means the dishes from the table, or the little messes that sloppy handiwork might leave behind outside our beloved establishment.)

6. Lackeys: (Every station has them. They're training beneath the profession for which they think their skills might be most fit, but they're still in cloth diapers, kids. If they want to make their way to the top, best start clawing.)

Ranks are more a way to avoid complete chaos than anything, to keep the "tavern" and criminal sanctuary running smoothly. As for what skills your character might consider, all types of talents are valued, whether they be thieving, the quiet kill, the sharp, plotting mind, the poisoner, the "tickler..." Your character can be whatever you wish it to be. Connections for teaching passed from experienced criminals to those new to the ways of law breaking are bound and planned to be formed. New players are welcomed, even desired, if they have any interest in different veins of Role Play, and if you don't currently have a character to fit this mold, so are alts.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:24:54 pm by Mariana Xiechai »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Re: [Thieves Guild] Poisoned Blood
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 12:04:21 pm »
[Why don't you just talk to Elvi, ask him for green light to do with the Outlaws as you wish, and start from there? They even have a hidey hole. Other than that, I'm interested.]

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 12:09:25 pm »
[Why don't you just talk to Elvi, ask him for green light to do with the Outlaws as you wish, and start from there? They even have a hidey hole. Other than that, I'm interested.]

Though it's similar in idea (as intended) we decided it would be better to start something new, rather than keep up something old.

Also. We own the hidey hole. The guild's been building up for a while, we're just getting into the recruitment process now. The proverbial torch has been passed. ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:15:14 pm by Mariana Xiechai »

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 02:52:04 pm »
* Elvicat kicks out the intruders from the hidyhole

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 03:31:08 pm »
Why do you have a guildhouse and I had to sell the one I had to captains riff crew... Seriously, the nerve of some people.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

SpidaManz111

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 03:51:05 pm »
2/10 at most. You get two points for owning a guildhouse.

Edit:
Since you're the #1 roleplayer on the server, does my character actually have to join the guild to join it?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:06:56 pm by SpidaManz111 »

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 05:52:37 pm »

[

This looks like an awesome guild! Good luck in your endeavours and whisper bless!

As for the hidey hole thing a ma bob, I can only imagine by what dire means that must have been obtained. You must have had to pull some nasty, mangled Outlaw teeth and twisted limbs and nubs to get it. I pity the traitor who gave it up to y'all.

]

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 09:06:44 pm »
An Alliance of Opportunism has been forged. A dawn of malcontentism. An age of neer-do-wells. A saga of misspellled criminal-related terms. The Phanterol of Blood Tria Syndicate (formerly The Cutthroats) welcomes this tavern-thingy-evil thing.  ;D

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 09:16:56 pm »
Who gave bloodedIrishman the thesaurus?  That person needs a good flogging!

(quite a lovely idea for a guild, m'dear.  just watch out for the neer-do-well menkis ;)
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 01:52:09 pm »
Casually, the thief, more widely known as The Snitch, tossed a bag of goods onto the table for the Filch to inspect. She cast an indicative gaze at the scroll, but the thug merely shrugged as he ran greedy fingers over the stolen bounty. “Haven't noticed anyone quite yet,” he grunted. “I think you're putting too much faith in the general rabble to figure out where they might find it.”

The woman tossed her head. “Give it time,” she answered. “It's been what, two days?” Walking over to the scroll, she rolled her eyes faintly at the name scribbled there, 'Peaceflower the Second,' and sat down at the table. “Gods, I do wonder about the general state of the populace. None of them, none of them want to try something new? A little danger, a little exploitation? How are they all not dead of boredom?”

The Filch grunts. “The Diaboli used to stir up a little trouble now and again. Though since he's blind he's not been of much use.”

“Blind and arrested,” the woman answered, “And I'm going to need incentive before I break him out. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose, though that one is going to bring trouble down on people's heads if he doesn't curb his habits. Though I suppose,” moving herself forward to drape over the table in a languishing fashion, she heaved a dramatic sigh. “I suppose I could be forced to do something anyway, if that's what it takes to get this proverbial ball rolling.”

The Filch laughed. “You're going to break someone out of prison? Really? Come now, pretty little rogue, I doubt that even you have that kind of prowess.”

Feigning indignation, the masked nolthrir gave a haughty snort. “I take that as a challenge. I do so love challenges. Now while I go do my devious thing, do me a favor and make sure nobody runs along deciding to take my things? I would be terribly put out.”

All she got was another grating sound of acknowledgment as he began sorting the things and storing them away, and she waved as she wandered out of the camp.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 02:12:20 pm »
[Thanks for all the comments! Hopefully we'll get the ball rolling on this and manage to spice up Hydlaa a bit ;D]

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 09:13:04 pm »
[ :thumbup: see you all around!]
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Ironstark

• Hydlaa Resident
  • LORD OF UNODIN
    • View Profile
    • Green-Flame Music
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 11:59:30 am »
Forum is up :) http://poisonedblood.myfreeforum.org

Not much yet, but I will slowly be upgrading as time goes by :)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 02:21:52 pm »
Nothing to see here folks, no secret plans to destroy Yliakum or graven images of the gods doing terribly disgusting things... move along....  ;D

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 06:09:50 pm »
* Mariana Xiechai drops this lovely little resource, and then sneaks back out, muttering a thanks to Sabriel.

Edit: [Check the guild motd ;D]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:25:19 pm by Mariana Xiechai »