Author Topic: Complaint about the community  (Read 624 times)

Cebot

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Complaint about the community
« on: September 03, 2007, 11:55:57 pm »
People, seriously I think you ALL should get a cup of tea, re-read your threads, thinking about them, correcting them and then posting them.

the cup of tea: to calm down on your anger about <insert reason here>
re-read your threads: to see where you made mistakes while being angry. I do not mean spelling and grammer, but the way you point out your thoughts
thinking about them: think about better ways of expressing your words. don't be aggressive, or insulting, or disrespectful, etc etc etc
correcting them: once you found a better way, correct your original text, then post them.

Come on guys, most posts in the forum turn out to be flame wars about FOOBAR, some even sound like a little child in the suppermarket crying when it doesn't get the sweets. Come on guys, aren't we all here to have fun, to enjoy the time together, to create a good game (that for devs and contributers is), to learn from eachother and so far.

The complaint department is called that way, because it is meant to be a place for complaints, but do you always have to write down complaints in a whining way? Think about constructive critics instead of whining, think about respect for peoples work instead of calling their work down in a rude way.

You got a problem with one person? Well, sort it out then, there are ways to do so: Talking with that person on irc, or in pm's or whatever, if both parties are willing to solve the issues you surely can solve it, but rudeness and respectlessness doesn't bring you any farther, instead it causes anger. You think devs and gm's are rude to you? think about how you are to them. Be nice to someone and he will be nice to you.
You think noone is listening to you when being the calm and smart guy? You are wrong, people are listening, community and ps team.
You think devs do not care for you? Well, there are tons of people in the community and only a handful of devs. Due to all the ranting some have decided to just do their work on PS instead of being active in the forums or irc channels, some have a thick skin that doesn't allow you to touch them with your words and therefor still are around in the public channels (forum and irc, that is). Don't expect the devs/mods/gm's to reply on EVERY post on the forum or EVERY message on irc, if they'd do that there would be no time left for their work on PS

A little message to the devs too: a little bit more activity on the forums and irc would be nice, but i know your time is limited and you are maybe sick of the ranting.

at the end i can only say: We are all civilized and more or less educated humans, do we really have to flame/rant  eachother? Can't we just complain in a way it is helpful? Can't we just have a great time together instead of p***ing off eachother?

PS: feel free to give me the crap, but remember my first words please, get a cup of tea first :)
So why do I love when I still feel pain?
When does it end, when is my work done?
Why do I fight and why do I feel that
I carry a sword, that I carry a sword through a battlefield?

VNV Nation - Joy

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Re: Complaint about the community
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:50:18 am »
Read your own topic. :P
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Cebot

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:07:38 am »
Read your own topic. :P

Well, if you are hinting that my complain is about complains, then you are right. I am not against complains, they are welcome and can be helpful. What I don't like is the ranting and attacking, in general I don't like the unfriendly tone that seems to be all around.

Greetings,
Cebot
So why do I love when I still feel pain?
When does it end, when is my work done?
Why do I fight and why do I feel that
I carry a sword, that I carry a sword through a battlefield?

VNV Nation - Joy

Cilla

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 11:35:57 am »

The complaint department is called that way, because it is meant to be a place for complaints, but do you always have to write down complaints in a whining way? Think about constructive critics instead of whining, think about respect for peoples work instead of calling their work down in a rude way.

We are all civilized and more or less educated humans, do we really have to flame/rant  eachother? Can't we just complain in a way it is helpful? Can't we just have a great time together instead of p***ing off eachother?

I agree, keep your mouth shut if nothing constructive will leave it...
Behave!

(I dont know why Sangwa makes fun of it. :P)

€: Ehm I think that the title is a bit too offending since it is only a small part of the community that needs behaving lessons.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 11:41:11 am by Cilla »

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 01:59:03 pm »
I think the reason people tend to bring a sense of urgency to suggestions is because the typical response is along the lines of "Quit being such a noob, it will all happen in time.  You don't need to remind us about it."
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.