Author Topic: What kind of Guides do you want?  (Read 618 times)

Cebot

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
What kind of Guides do you want?
« on: May 30, 2008, 05:56:30 am »
While there already are a lot of guides and tutorials there are still some topics unanswered. I'm asking the whole community now to post here which guides and tutorials you would want to see and which questions you would want to have answered, also please have a look at existing guides and see if they are still up to date and list them here if they need to be edited.
At the same time I ask the community to regularly check in here and maybe pick a topic or two to write a guide or tutorial.

Cebot

PS: My next guide will be about the advisor-system, I already have a few points which I will mention in it, but please tell me what you expect from such a guide and which questions i shall answer there.
So why do I love when I still feel pain?
When does it end, when is my work done?
Why do I fight and why do I feel that
I carry a sword, that I carry a sword through a battlefield?

VNV Nation - Joy

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: What kind of Guides do you want?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:01:43 am »
PS: My next guide will be about the advisor-system, I already have a few points which I will mention in it, but please tell me what you expect from such a guide and which questions i shall answer there.

There are changes in the works for the advising system you might want to wait a bit before you go on with that so you can see the changes first.

Cebot

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:04:48 am »
I know about the changes and are going to write the guide for the new system, not for the old one.

VNV Nation - Joy

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 06:20:03 am »
I know about the changes and are going to write the guide for the new system, not for the old one.

well considering they are not all complete, i have no idea how you can write for what they will be when they are not existant in svn to see how they work.

Cebot

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 06:24:05 am »
How about you just write the questions you would want to see answered in the advisor guide and see what i make out of it? For the case there's anything wrong with the guide when i post it, the forum has an edit function so i can modify the guide when needed.

However, your comments are not helping any, so please stop it and post what you would want to see in such a guide (thats what this thread is for!)

VNV Nation - Joy

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 11:54:42 pm »
I suppose a guide on how to use the guild system to promote roleplaying might be cool.

Malehizen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 04:02:02 pm »
I twas thinking you set roles for people in the guild. Like the miners, crafters, soldiers, etc. More like a characters skill compared to everyone elses gives them a title and rank among the other guild members so "player1" has really good combat skill, ok crafting, ok magic. "Player2" has medium combat skills, medium crafting skills, and good magic skills. "Player3" has no combat skill, good crafting skills, and no magic skills.
So the ranking would under the combat ranks: Player1, player2, player3. Player 1 would have to title of "head soldier" or something like that.
Crafting ranking would be player3, player2, player1. Player3 would get the title of "head craftsman"
The magic ranking would be player 2, player1, player 3. Player2 would receive the magic title "head mage"

Overall, ranks and titles will be taken by players who exceed the other player in that certain skill. Also an 'overall' best would be implemented by having certain points for ranks and titles. It might be a complex guild system but it let everyone know who was boss in something (uncontested) Also newbie or new guild members could turn to the more experienced players in a certain subject or request assistance from the skilled players in the genre.

What i'd also like to see is Guild types, like Merchant's guild, Warrior's Guild, Mage Guild for those who want to specify in an aspect of the game.
You will only receive as much respect and integrity and you show to others...

It takes 11 muscles to frown and 4 to slap that motherf@#$er across the face :D