Author Topic: you don't see a good place to dig... but...  (Read 2100 times)

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
you don't see a good place to dig... but...
« on: May 18, 2008, 02:13:49 am »
I've just started this game some days ago and it's a great game, i had actually tried playing it years ago but i didn't have a good enough computer to make it playable (something like a frame every second or about that :P) so i skipped at that time. Recently, considering the npc server was down, i tried some mining.
1- i got the rock pick
2- i got some training till i had the yellow bar disappear (i have only a partly green and a partly red bar, trying to train more doesn't get any results except that i can't train anymore)
3- so i tried searching for some mining points. getting only you don't see a good place to dig. I tried swapping the rock pick from left to right hand and vice versa, like i had seen from some threads around, but still the same message everywhere. At that point seeing that I couldn't make it work i left this alone and went doing something else.

Today when i was wandering near the forest i had seen two characters digging (i had actually see them doing a digging animation) but when they went away and i tried doing it (two different points in near places) i just got the "you don't see a good place to dig"... even if the place was precise (i've even tried the near areas with no results).

Does anyone know what could be the problem? it could be the fact that i'm at level 0, but yet unable to train anymore? this excludes even the ask/follow someone who digs as it's what i've actually did. Could be the ore i'm mining? should i get that message even if i'm trying to wrong ore? i've tried searching for gold, copper, tin but still same results. i get the same results even if i try mining for things which aren't ores at all by the way.

while i'm here to avoid doing another thread... there is a way to inform the user someone is greeting/talking(like a blinking chat button) to you even with the chat closed. yesterday i had it closed and someone greeted me but i noticed that only when i was far away ... making me fell a bit rude

Thanks in advance for the help
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 02:16:02 am by weltall »

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
Re: you don't see a good place to dig... but...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 02:19:24 am »
you have to be sure what you're trying to dig. If you type "/dig gold" in an iron mine for example, you "won't see a good place to dig"

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 02:39:23 am »
you have to be sure what you're trying to dig. If you type "/dig gold" in an iron mine for example, you "won't see a good place to dig"
thanks for the help at least now i know it's just because i'm not digging the right ore and it isn't something else. I think i will ask  what they are digging for when i see someone there :)

Myysst

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:24:37 am »
I'm lazy, so i like not having to think about what i'm digging, so my short-cut just digs for everything

here's a list

Diamond
Emerald
Ruby
Platinum
Lumium
Gold
Silver
Iron
Copper
Tin
Coal

and maybe one or two i forgot, heh.

Hope this makes mining easier for you, with a shortcut set up with all diggable items, you don,t even have to ask which ore is there.

...erm...I'm dead?

Prolix

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 11:08:58 am »
That shortcut is good for prospecting but all the error messages are annoying for regular mining. I have specific shortcuts for all the things I mine for hot keyed as well as the prospect short cut.

Myysst

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 02:37:52 pm »
I'm lazy, I also ignore the error msgs, as i am mezmerized by all the swinging pickaxes...
...erm...I'm dead?