Author Topic: How to turn off Vertex buffer objects?  (Read 906 times)

Darkasaur77

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
How to turn off Vertex buffer objects?
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:25:56 pm »
I need help finding the place i turn VBO off. because I think this is what is causing my black screen launcher problem. been trying to make it work for hours!  :surrender:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: How to turn off Vertex buffer objects?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:51:56 am »
Start the PlaneShift launcher. Click "Settings", then "Graphics". The fourth last option is the one to uncheck.

Oh, wait. Your launcher is already black? Then the VBO option is certainly not the cause. VBOs are only used in a 3D rendering, the launcher doesn't have such. And the launcher would only set up the options for the game, but not for the launcher itself.

I rather wonder if you have such an antiquity of graphic card that it doesn't support OpenGL rectangle extensions correctly. But then it won't be suitable for the game anyway.

We already tried to help people discovering their hardware details dozens of times. But still there are people who can not even tell us which Operating System they have.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:58:20 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 06:11:36 am »
I rather wonder if you have such an antiquity of graphic card that it doesn't support OpenGL rectangle extensions correctly. But then it won't be suitable for the game anyway.
several new configurations with macosx 10.7 sporting a broken opengl driver.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 07:00:21 am »
Embarrassing.

So, well, another case which shows how important verbose information from the problem reporter is.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Darkasaur77

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:30:09 am »
I have a windows 7 laptop (Hp Pavilion g series) with i think this might be my video driver. intel Core i3. will this info help? because it is now day two I've been trying to make this work. sooooo frustrating right?

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 11:31:26 am »
The support from Intel for OpenGl (which PlaneShift runs on) is practically non-existant.
Make sure you have the newest drivers installed (From the intel website, don't use the drivers that came with windows), and you might have a small chance.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 11:33:02 am by Minks »

Darkasaur77

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 03:12:58 pm »
Oh thank you!  :thumbup: