Author Topic: Updater Troubles  (Read 382 times)

NeoFenrir

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Updater Troubles
« on: March 23, 2008, 03:40:13 am »
I've been trying to get this game to work, and I've done everything I could think of to do. My problem is this: when I try to run the updater, it spits out a bunch of stuff about root nodes and not being able to find files (which I will copy here in a moment), then deletes the updaterinfo.xml and updater.log files and crashes. I downloaded the client today, it is 0.4.0.0, and I have no former versions of the game on my computer. I am running XP Home.

This is what the updater tells me:

Checking for updates:
Checking for updates to the updater: There are no active mirrors! Please check the forums for more info and help!
Couldn't open xml file '/this/updateinfo.xml/'!
Unable to get root node
No updates needed!
Checking for updates to all files: Updates Available!

After this, the crash notification telling me that there was a problem with psupdater_static yada yada yada pops up. I've checked the xml file, and it seems to be pointing to the right places. Help?

*edit*

An update! (Pun fully intended.)

I decided to go to one of the mirror sites (specifically, the psmirror one) and looked through some things, and noticed that, though my installation was a Win32 one, the updater I had and the updater on the site were different sizes. So, I replaced mine with that one, and voila! It worked. I'm not sure what the original problem was, but whatever.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 05:53:49 am by neko kyouran »