Author Topic: Small group events  (Read 1229 times)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Small group events
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 06:46:01 am »

If the GM team would make me a hospital as well - it is not clear to me if the hospital is only for Mariana and friends, or is open for RP - I would also shut down any negative comments.

Eh? The hospital is left permanently unlocked for the express purpose of making sure it's accessible to anyone. It's also been used by large groups repeatedly to do this and that and is rarely empty. I'm not sure where this comment is coming from.  ::| We've had dozens of people on some nights just wander in - playing as patients AND wanting to be doctors - to join the role play transpiring :P We even had an opening event where the vigesimi of Amdeneir stopped by to give accolades, which was on the calender and announced to everyone in gossip and via worldshout beforehand. Admittedly there should have been more IC notification, but there were posters nailed down for about a week before the event happened.

The GMs also did not make the hospital for me or even because of me, but because of the massive player contribution done by the Healer's Council and everyone on it. So if there's some misconception that I get credit, please banish that. Heck, if anyone does it's Siteya who did literally all the legwork, or Iridia and Venalan for getting permissions. Those guys are awesome! They made a player resource because of massive player input from all types of folks!

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=41992.msg475227#msg475227

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=41992.msg476825#msg476825

I too am a fan of smaller group RP. When the group gets to big I know I have trouble keeping up with it, and I've heard others state the same. That's not to say big rp is bad, just that sometimes it's nice to type at something less than lightspeed ;)

Echo the thanks to Lilu for being her awesome self as per usual!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:07:34 pm by Mariana Xiechai »

Prreta

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 09:51:06 am »
If the GM team would make me a hospital as well - it is not clear to me if the hospital is only for Mariana and friends, or is open for RP - I would also shut down any negative comments.

The ongoing hospital rps *often* do not involve mariana, and you are welcome to either engage in what's there or start your own. Mariana and friends will pretty much RP with anyone so join in!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 10:32:28 am by Prreta »

Ascomanni

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 10:31:08 am »
From my observations, the hospital is a wonderful hot spot for these smaller group RPs. Just my it's nature, a patient/doctor relationship limits it and it is a wonderful place for people not comfortable with larger groups or just starting out to meet people. A player could easily visit the hospital with the same illness/injury three different times and get a new doctor each time. It is a great opportunity to see different styles and techniques in role playing. The Learning Hall I think promises to be much of the same, perhaps a bit bigger, bit still an outlet for those in search of this atmosphere.

Pierrette

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 12:34:09 pm »
This is the quote that I misunderstood:
While I also run events that have been generated by myself and other players, GMs have been happy and willing to provide us with things I couldn't acquire without them such as the hospital

I did not know it is permanently unlocked, that's awesome.  I won't feel like a trespasser next time!  Apologies for misunderstanding.

EDIT:  [I thought Rigwyn implied that the hospital is locked, when we were trying to get the RCD unlocked (he said something like "this is not about the hospital, only the RCD") - was it locked before or am I just wrong on all counts?]
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:43:46 pm by Pierrette »

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 12:48:13 pm »
This is the quote that I misunderstood:
While I also run events that have been generated by myself and other players, GMs have been happy and willing to provide us with things I couldn't acquire without them such as the hospital

I did not know it is permanently unlocked, that's awesome.  I won't feel like a trespasser next time!  Apologies for misunderstanding.

EDIT:  [I thought Rigwyn implied that the hospital is locked, when we were trying to get the RCD unlocked (he said something like "this is not about the hospital, only the RCD") - was it locked before or am I just wrong on all counts?]

Nope! The hospital has been unlocked since it was integrated and that factor was agreed upon during its conception. The HCOY and myself all have members who wanted open RP, because we believe in inclusion. By "us" in that post I really meant the playerbase, but it coulda been worded better ;)

No harm done. Come back anytime and join the RP!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:01:15 pm by Mariana Xiechai »