Author Topic: Two quests that don't work for me  (Read 604 times)

ohmarinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Two quests that don't work for me
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:41:19 am »
Hey guys, I have encountered two quests I want to do in two consecutive days, however both don't work for me.

It all started with Ferryd Shillor, he has sent me on my way to practice for my Red Way apprenticeship.

He told me to visit Meoeor to ask him about the Vortex glyph. However, Meoeor doesn't want to talk to me, I have asked him in the textbox many times if I could help him, but he keeps on saying either I am looking for fame and honor with which he doesn't want to help me, or he says that he doesn't understand me and if I could rephrase my question.

So Meoeor quest isn't working for me, haven't done it before, it's not active, it's just not working.
Anyone knows a problem with this one?

Second, Ferryd Shillor told me to visit Thorian, and Thorian sent me back to Ferryd. Now Ferryd is talking about some 'Thalus' which should be found somewhere near Gugrontid. However, I cannot enter the cave he is talking about. I am guessing the cave is the part with the mouth, where Rulayne is standing, but I am not allowed in. I solved this! I was looking in the wrong place...

I don't know where to get help for this, if it is not allowed to discuss these kind of things here let me know. I am not looking for quest spoilers, but I am having problems with technical difficulties. The Meoeor quest just doesn't want to start for me.

Would be great if someone could let me know if these are common problems or if it is specifically hitting my character? And how should this be fixed? Should I open a petition? I have no idea how to contact a dev or admin.

- Patronatus
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 08:23:03 am by ohmarinus »

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Two quests that don't work for me
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 08:28:24 am »
Hey guys, I have encountered two quests I want to do in two consecutive days, however both don't work for me.

It all started with Ferryd Shillor, he has sent me on my way to practice for my Red Way apprenticeship.

He told me to visit Meoeor to ask him about the Vortex glyph. However, Meoeor doesn't want to talk to me, I have asked him in the textbox many times if I could help him, but he keeps on saying either I am looking for fame and honor with which he doesn't want to help me, or he says that he doesn't understand me and if I could rephrase my question.

So Meoeor quest isn't working for me, haven't done it before, it's not active, it's just not working.

Second, Ferryd Shillor told me to visit Thorian, and Thorian sent me back to Ferryd. Now Ferryd is talking about some 'Thalus' which should be found somewhere near Gugrontid. However, I cannot enter the cave he is talking about. I am guessing the cave is the part with the mouth, where Rulayne is standing, but I am not allowed in.

So this also doesn't work for me.

I don't know where to get help for this, if it is not allowed to discuss these kind of things here let me know. I am not looking for quest spoilers, but I am having problems with technical difficulties. The Meoeor quest just doesn't want to start for me and the cave entrance doesn't 'work'.

Would be great if someone could let me know if these are common problems or if it is specifically hitting my character? And how should this be fixed? Should I open a petition? I have no idea how to contact a dev or admin.

- Patronatus

hello,
I can't tell you step by step what to do because it's considered a spoiler but about Meoeor maybe you still don't meet some quest prerequisite to be able to run his quest, however some work on quest chain is being done so I'll tell the settings devs just to make sure there isnt's some bug.
About the cave you should be able to enter it by right clicking on the wall inside the mouth and pressing the enter onscreen button... however it's not the way to Gugrontid... you should look around a bit more ;)
or ask an explorer to lead you there ;)
it's not very really difficult to get there :)

ohmarinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 08:37:27 am »

Second, Ferryd Shillor told me to visit Thorian, and Thorian sent me back to Ferryd. Now Ferryd is talking about some 'Thalus' which should be found somewhere near Gugrontid. However, I cannot enter the cave he is talking about. I am guessing the cave is the part with the mouth, where Rulayne is standing, but I am not allowed in.

So this also doesn't work for me.

I don't know where to get help for this, if it is not allowed to discuss these kind of things here let me know. I am not looking for quest spoilers, but I am having problems with technical difficulties. The Meoeor quest just doesn't want to start for me and the cave entrance doesn't 'work'.

- Patronatus

hello,
I can't tell you step by step what to do because it's considered a spoiler but about Meoeor maybe you still don't meet some quest prerequisite to be able to run his quest, however some work on quest chain is being done so I'll tell the settings devs just to make sure there isnt's some bug.
About the cave you should be able to enter it by right clicking on the wall inside the mouth and pressing the enter onscreen button... however it's not the way to Gugrontid... you should look around a bit more ;)
or ask an explorer to lead you there ;)
it's not very really difficult to get there :)

Hi, thanks, I had already solved that part. And for Meoeor it's kind of weird that Ferryd sends me all the way up there to ask him about it, yet Meoeor doesn't have any reply. So then maybe Ferryd shouldn't inform me about that?

If there would be a pre-requisite quest, then maybe Ferryd shouldn't inform people that they should talk to Meoeor if Meoeor doesn't have anything to say for the moment ;)

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:01:25 am »
or maybe Meorer should say he doesn't have any job for you yet and maybe point you to the NPC you have to speak with before you has any job for you ;)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 09:13:26 am »
Although the Way quests are somewhat new, maybe even they were written before quests were chained.  By the way, I have now finished the chaining project.   \\o//  I just have to go through and look at the dialog one more time.  But it's quite another thing to consider ALL dialog and make the appropriate changes.  We can depend on bug reports for that.

So there's 2 things here: dialog which may point to a quest in another chain without taking into consideration where you are in that chain, and where and how the glyphs are rewarded.  Now that I'm done with my part, Venalan is going to go through the rewards and make sure they are appropriate (like getting a rare glyph in an easy quest or getting a critical glyph after lots and lots of work).  So, sorry about the "hole" you've encountered...we're working to make it better.

We'll take note of this kind of issue with Ferryd and take it into consideration when working on this.  And when I say "done" of course that's just to the master server.  It still needs to be released.  So once these projects are done and the quests are stable, you'll hear about the release.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

ohmarinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 09:44:41 am »
Hi Mordaan, thanks for your reaction, I am a moderately new (Mac-based) user.

Not completely new, I used to have played about eight to five years ago, but I forgot everything and the whole game has changed a great deal since then.

I am using a character that was in a 3-or-so year old account that apparently was still active, so at first I was wondering if it was maybe a bug my character had. But after doing research I indeed expected the quest-chains to maybe have changed a bit.

Since the Vortex glyph is a Realm 1 glyph, I had not expected a big questline to be involved prior to getting vortex. Because I have gotten Might and Hand glyphs for rather easy quests in my opinion.

I guess I'll just wait until it's a bit clearer? It seems like a bad idea to just let me do every quest in game until I discover the one that leads me to Meoeor, that would be discouraging for players. Would be great if there was at least a little guidance. Like Ferryd telling me about it was good guidance, besides that it ended in nothing, it did get me all the way up to that place for about five times for nothing :P

jowifi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 10:37:15 pm »
It's been a while since I did these quests, but I'm pretty sure I did the Moeoer quest before the quest from Ferryd.  There was a chain to get to Moeoer, and I think there was a tip to go see him, but I'm not sure. 

I ran across a similar situation more recently where the trainer told me to go see someone about a quest for a glyph that I had already done.  Unfortunately, I don't remember which one it was.  It might have been Ferryd. 

or maybe Meorer should say he doesn't have any job for you yet and maybe point you to the NPC you have to speak with before he has any job for you

This could be said about almost everyone now that most quests are chained.  I suspect this could be quite a chore to do, especially for NPCs that have quests on multiple chains.  I'd be happy to see things go the other way where, after completing a quest, the NPC points you to the next one in the chain.  Some of this already exists, like with the Interview for the Sunshine Squadron quest.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 03:59:19 am »
or maybe Meorer should say he doesn't have any job for you yet and maybe point you to the NPC you have to speak with before he has any job for you

This could be said about almost everyone now that most quests are chained.  I suspect this could be quite a chore to do, especially for NPCs that have quests on multiple chains.  I'd be happy to see things go the other way where, after completing a quest, the NPC points you to the next one in the chain.  Some of this already exists, like with the Interview for the Sunshine Squadron quest.

I was only suggesting this for cross-chain quests, having the NPC point you to the next one in the chain I think will be the second step after the chain rework (adjusting the dialogs)

jowifi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 09:15:02 pm »
For what it's worth, I just completed the "Bend the Octarch's Ear" Quest and Kilas pointed me to a bunch of other quests that I've already done, including Moeoer's.

ohmarinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 09:18:42 am »
Still haven't found out how to get Vortex now, most people around me did get the quest early on, I am now RW 50 and am still missing out on it, it's kind of unfair isn't it? I hope I find out soon! :)

ohmarinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 05:37:05 pm »
I want to add that I am also stuck in the 'Keyhandled Dagger' part of the quest I am getting from Polyuntri. He is waiting for me to give it. There is a part broken in there too.

So, for me Vaeiund and Meoeor are only giving me nothing.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 09:27:25 pm »
As I say everywhere, and now here. If you can't get a quest 99.9% of the time you just need to find the right chain to take you to the quest you want.

As for the key handled dagger, you get that in another quest.

"There is a part broken in there too." if you specify what you think is broken (if not the comment about the dagger) I can look at it and 'fix' it.

ohmarinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »
Maybe it's just very unclear. Anyway, I think the Vortex glyph should be involved in the Red Way quest chain, don't need it anymore since I now have a much better spell.

Meanwhile I'll keep on searching, I've done almost a 100 quests now, so still around 200+ to go and finish up I guess ;)

Also, Durok tells me to visit a few people, two of the three gave me quests and I rounded them all up, however, Kilas doesn't want to start anything with me.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 12:53:03 pm by ohmarinus »

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 02:38:46 pm »
It appears that some changes to quest chains got uploaded and the server so the issue with not getting the quest form Meoeor is one with needing to do the previous quests in the quest chain.

Shatterkiss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 04:02:30 pm »

Also, Durok tells me to visit a few people, two of the three gave me quests and I rounded them all up, however, Kilas doesn't want to start anything with me.

You should be able to do quests for all three of the other people Durok mentions, and then go on to Kilas.  Perhaps the third quest is unlocked by one of the other two?  I just did this one recently and it worked so I'm not sure what the problem is.