Author Topic: Food Items Needed for Quests  (Read 284 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Food Items Needed for Quests
« on: November 11, 2014, 12:23:04 am »
Are there any food items that you need for quests that can be crafted or harvested? I will try to have Illy have a little table with food available in multiple places, but if I can make it more useful that would be even better. I know there's a quest that requires apples so I can have some of those but what about other food items?

bilbous

Re: Food Items Needed for Quests
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 12:36:38 am »
Cooking quests require food items, don't they? Malco gets hungry a lot, too. Don't remember what specific items are needed.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 12:54:07 am »
At least, one of the items he needs can be bought in the Stonehead but it has to be made in steps which require ores and such but it might be worth it to keep a bit of kran food on hand as well.

jowifi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 03:23:44 pm »
Harnquist seems to have several different requests to satisfy his hunger, but I don't know what all they are.  It seems to depend on the skill of the individual.

I think all the cooking quests  have the player make something as part of the quest.  I don't know if you could just give the completed item and bypass all the intermediate steps. 

As for harvesting, various quests require apples, lake mushrooms, night mushrooms, carrots, barberry root, juiceberries, wragberries, lavender, devil's claw, kingsfoil leaf, wyn reed, red mangrove, sicklepod, hops, white oak bark, blackbush stem, carp, trout.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:00:02 pm by jowifi »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 03:32:04 pm »
Thank you. Several of those I can logically provide as "snacks".

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 10:21:22 am »
One goal the settings team has is to provide repeatable "skill" quests that have you make various items based on your level in that skill, so it's not getting the same item again and again.  Examples of the ones already in are "Harnquist is Hungry" for cooking and "Malco's Munchies" for Kran cooking/alchemy.  There is another which requires hides.  There will also be a new one for cooking in this next update.  There will be others in the future for things like alchemy and herbal, or at least that's the plan.

Having the finished products available would be defeating the purpose of these quests a bit, but having some ingredients available could save people some time if they have to go someplace far to get it and don't have any in storage.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.