Author Topic: New areas  (Read 217 times)

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
New areas
« on: December 13, 2016, 12:24:48 pm »
So is there any new plans for new areas?

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
Re: New areas
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 12:33:03 pm »
I find this funny becuae players were just  complaining in gossip that there were too many areas and people being hard to find or spread out.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 12:35:37 pm »
My personal view on this, assuming a new area is a new outdoors map, is that we shouldn't really be adding any. We have a massive game for the player base already to explore and play on. And the last map we added, Amdenir, is very sparse on content still now. I do not want to have to try and coble together stuff for a new map when I would rather work with the team expanding content on what we already have.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 12:40:34 pm »
The only kind of new area I personally think PS needs right now is an individual housing sector. However, I will assume that is a UE4 issue.

Nevertheless, once the game is put in UE4 I think there will be a lot of possibility for upping the efficiency of maps and maybe adding a little more detail in on the existing ones. For instance, i'm not sure how much of the current maps are instanced, but I bet they could use a bit more. Making the maps take fewer calculations could open up room for doing other things, I think.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 12:56:54 pm »
Good points, exspecially that the map is quite big when divided with active players. It's been too long so i had forgotten  :oops:.One thing thought: how about adding some outdoor area to Amdeneir? Currently it feels a bit...narrow.  :D