Author Topic: Update 21/01/2017  (Read 880 times)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Update 21/01/2017
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:01:47 pm »
Hey all, so I'm taking the oppertunity to give a little update to the things that are being done within the development team regarding the port to UE4.

After the CrystalHunt game most comments made were regarding the material textures and the fact they were all very shiny. This was just due to the settings for the art in Hydlaa, we have now been over almost all of it and fixed that specific problem and we have also added in normal maps to most of the city. The resutls can be seen here.

Test addition of normal maps

ravna has also built the base functionality for communication between the client and server and together with Talad they are now trying to build a limited demo which will allow logging in, running about, and chatting between players in the cities we currently have in PS.

We have no ETA for this yet but we will keep you all updated as we get closer.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Update 21/01/2017
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 06:18:26 pm »
Sounds good. :thumbup:

Mairon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 01:55:48 am »
In the video the contrast is still too high Venalan. Don`t know whether it`s the game or display settings.
Speaking about settings, what are the graphic ones for this UE demo? Are they maxed or not and are they present at all?
DONT TREAD ON ME

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 05:55:08 am »
The issue with the contrast is a light source issue, I think. The brightness is pretty high.

Looks legit, though.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 05:13:58 pm »
The brightness will be adjusted once the sky map has been looked at, seems to just be using very bright default editor supplied art atm.

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 05:22:02 pm »
Still, besides the high contrast the video looks great!  \\o//

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 01:24:33 pm »
Yep, bit by bit we move closer.  Also, Talad is in the process of organizing all of PS's code to port to UE.  With millions of lines of code, it's quite the task.  The more code that can be brought over "as is" the faster it will go.  But certainly a lot of the CS related coding will have to be rewritten or adjusted to work in UE.

So far we have the obvious stuff like maps, characters, a UI, char creation -> character into the world and all that goes into that, then engine stuff like scripts for combat, magic, crafting, quests, etc.  Then eventually expanding the UI to interact with it all.  It's a LOT, but piece by piece we'll get there.

And keep in mind that UE4 was designed much more for first person shooter games and not MMOs.  So some of these things are real challenges that haven't really been done before.  Big props to Talad and ravna for digging into this stuff and working it out.  And to Venalan for working on the map improvements.  And to Eonwind for working on a linux build.

And cool character shadows by the way.  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:16:35 pm by Mordaan »
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 11:50:01 am »
I look forward to the new engine. But... I don't look forward to having to redo the Postcard Project images again.

I hope the server/client builds are easier. 
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.